IT Project Manager 0522
nexus IT group
Kansas City, MO
- Posted: 29 days ago
Our client is seeking an experienced Agile Project Manager to join their team. This is a highly challenging role focused on collaborating with various business stakeholders and team members to deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. As the Agile Project manager, you will be expected to abandon the old command and control approach and put more focus on collaboration, agility, and adaptability. You will be expected to facilitate program level processes and execution, drive continuous improvement, complete regular reporting and status updates, manage budget, govern risks and escalate impediments while also acting as a full time chief scrum master for an agile team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong communication skills and a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with Agile processes and behaviors to fit large, complex projects. Comprehension and experience with scaling frameworks like SAFe are beneficial. This PMO supports multiple diverse teams and some shorter duration projects that follow various methodologies or team structures allowing you to frequently challenge yourself in fast paced and diverse teams.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to analyze business opportunities and problems.
- Develops project proposal justifications or lean business cases, which include proposed solutions, strategic rationale, cost/benefit analyses, success measures, broad implications, milestones, critical success factors, initial risk assessments, and alternatives considered.
- Develops project charter to further define how the project will be structured based upon approved direction.
- Defines how project will be managed and establishes overarching project management plan, including appropriate gates and associated reviews.
- Creates various artifacts such as resource plans, project schedules, work breakdown structures, release/iteration plans, communication plans, risk management plans, issues logs, action and decision logs, etc.
- Work in partnership with team members to create an environment of collaboration and continuous improvement while also delivering on business value.
- Guides the project team in prioritizing work based upon knowledge of customer requirements, project schedule, and various dependencies.
- Facilitate intake and own work execution of technology-based project team members with inputs from customer, IT leadership, Release Train Engineers, Product Owners, Product Managers and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate agile/scrum ceremonies such as PI ceremonies, sprint ceremonies, scrum of scrums, summits and working sessions.
- Work with the team to identify and implement corrective action plans (mitigation strategies, alternative approaches, etc.) to meet scope, time, and cost constraints.
- Clear impediments for the team and communicate risks, issues, and organizational impediments to leadership.
- Manages project to scope and leads project teams through all project phases.
- Apply agile frameworks and best practices like SAFe, Scrum and Kanban to manage Projects/assignments.
- Provide communication and reporting to stakeholders on current health, areas for support and plans for improvement.
- Manage project portfolio, including pipeline of initiatives from concept through disposition and communicates initiative and portfolio status.
- Own and/or support presentation & narrative (story telling) of technical concepts, recommendations, alternatives to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Ensures cross-project dependencies are identified to establish priorities in project completion.
- Ensures adherence to National Information Technology; Enterprise Program Management Standard; Project Assurance Function; Fiscal Service project management; and/or local project management principles and processes.
- May assist with the development and support of local Project Management Office policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Typically requires at least 3 years of relevant experience. At least 6 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) and/or other related certifications preferred.
nexus IT group
AddressKansas City, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at nexus IT group