Requisition Type:Staff Augmentation CWR
Schedule Type:Full Time
Work Location:Weldon Spring MO
Job Functions:Information Technology
Under minimal supervision, act as a senior level support resource providing first and second-tier support for IT incidents and requests from associates via phone, email, and remote connection to resolve routine problems regarding hardware, software, and peripherals. Use detailed knowledge of the RGA infrastructure environment to effectively deliver IT and business requirements Resolve as many requests as possible during first contact, determine urgency of needs, prioritizes, and responds to support requests by taking corrective action or routing requests to appropriate IT specialists. Provide customer oriented follow-up in a courteous, efficient and timely manner. Records, dispatches and closes service requests using Service Now software.
Business Area: Information Technology, Infrastructure Administration
- Respond to escalated service requests from Help Desk associates and other team specialists, working to identify, troubleshoot and resolve routine operator problems and make or coordinate repairs. Escalate the most complex issues to third-tier team members or other appropriate teams within IT.
- Responsible for first and second level support and appropriate follow up on IT systems including PC’s, printers, servers, and related IT hardware and software.
- Clearly document and effectively prioritize client requests into ServiceNow.
- Clearly identify, isolate, document, and define problems; resolve them in a timely manner when able, and escalate them to the appropriate team/owner according to SLA processes.
- Complete required project activities.
- Install software, desktop/laptops systems and peripherals.
- Update documentation as needed.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction by representing IT courteously, professionally, and effectively.
- Maintain and organize inventories.
- Manage and organize support information knowledge base.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement to management, and lead/participate in solution design.
- Off hours contact for any IT related issues including disaster recovery.
- Follow standard operating procedures, policies & directions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary Education graduate or relevant experience
- 4+ years of technology/desktop support experience
- Fluent English Language skills both spoken and written
- Extensive knowledge of Windows desktop environment and MACs
- Knowledge of Windows Server environment administration (AD, Exchange)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient with Windows desktop environment (Win 10 & Microsoft Office) and MACs
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Strong telephone and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Availability to work overtime, as required
- A+, Network & Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- Basic TCP/IP networking
- VoIP Telephony
- Windows Terminal Server end user support
- Mobile device support - Blackberry & iPhone
- Printer technologies
- Video conference & meeting room technology
- Dell workstation hardware