The Software Engineer coordinates between internal users, external trading partners and application providers and project initiatives. He/she will be responsible for system architecture and developing new API solutions. In addition to developing new solutions, the Software Engineer will also be responsible for troubleshooting and continuous support for API services. The Software Engineer will be responsible for all related architecting, development and support of API, integrated transmissions (internal and external) as well as company developed applications within the company. Development in accordance with company change management policy, code maintenance and logging. Will include unit testing new application software upgrades required to support integration transactions.
- Obtaining customer electronic interface requirements and matching them with solutions available within LeSaint. This may involve working with the Warehouse Management System (WMS), Financial platform, operational teams and customers to design new solutions and/or application changes.
- Creating integration solutions and new ideas for LeSaint and its customers through communication,
understanding, development and innovation.
- Communicating and documenting customer requirements to the LeSaint internal team. It may be necessary to participate in developing IT standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Developing for API in a Visual Studio Environment with RESTful web services and JSON.
- Innovate or update code and processes.
- Work with leadership to prioritize projects for new application implementations/changes and ensuring that they are delivered in a timely manner.
- Managing all related tasks technical or other as it relates to integration related projects using standard project management practices. Keeping mindful of best practices and company policies.
- Troubleshooting integration or mapping failures to resolution, identifying root causes and preventing future issues. Utilize IT Services issue tracking software for management of issues, problems and root cause identification.
- Communicating status and open issues to the trading partner’s business owner(s).
- Analyzing data quality considering the quality, content, timeliness and completeness of said data per spec or requirements. This may require proactively monitoring transmissions and data, as well as running reports to verify end to end transmission of data.
- Ensuring that coding and application solutions are synchronous so that the logic and data match as necessary.
This is position is technical and tactical which often requires strategic thinking. In addition to gathering and translating customer requirements; this position works closely with sales, customer service, external customers, external Information Technology (IT) teams and the internal IT Services team. It is important to prioritize and monitor implementations and projects keeping the customer(s) or project leads advised at all times of the status.
- Programming for .NET solutions API or other internal / external applications
- Experience with C#
- Programming for JSON (Java Script Object Notation)
- Knowledge of RESTful architecture web services
- Knowledge of source control such as Azure DevOps or similar
- Experience with SQL (Creating and modifying scripts or stored procedures)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment using Azure Devops is a plus
This position requires knowledge of basic integration / e-commerce concepts along with practical experience managing implementations. Experience in the supply chain, including warehousing and transportation is preferable.
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of 2 years related experience with formal training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S) from four-year College or University or equivalent technical certification is desirable.
- Below are areas of experience or expertise which help
- Interfacing with trading and business partners
- Developing specifications with internal and external partners / customers to document a process or workflow
- Integration to backend systems using established applications integration technologies and architectures
- Standard communications protocols including http/s, S/FTP, AS2
- Test files and conducting testing with trading partners
- Knowledge of ASP.NET framework and Microsoft technologies
- Understanding of code repository software and coding methodologies
- Process control, including the scheduling, sending, re-sending, and prioritization of messages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to learn and participate in team a team environment
- Effectively communicate with managers, team members and stake holders on project tasks and assignments where necessary
*Neteffects processes visas and green cards*
*Upon hire neteffects can provide AWS training via neteffects university*
We’re committed to empowering each individual who works with us to take charge of their career. You won’t be alone on your journey. Our dedicated team is here to serve you as a partner in the process.
What we offer for you:
- Interview preparation
- Resume review and recommendations
- LinkedIn review
- Local job market information, trends, and insights
- Access to networking events
- Informational career centric seminars.
Neteffects Consultant Care Program:
Keeping in Touch: Whether it’s a quick call or email, coffee or lunch, our check-ins support as much or as little interaction as you’d prefer. We’re here if you need us.
Events: Neteffects participates in a number of events each year and hosts some employee-only social gatherings.
Remarketing: When your project is nearing completion, we’ll partner with you to get you ready to engage in your next consulting opportunity through Neteffects. From resume review, to interview preparation and offer negotiation; we’ll work hard to help you excel.
Neteffects Benefits: Neteffects is about celebrating technology and the pro's that come with it. We offer a very competitive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job # - 39939