We're looking for people who put their innovation work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
What YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
Location: Will work out of home office
Sales Region: LA, AR, MS, AL, TN, NC, SC, GA, FL and possibly MT, WY, CO, NM
In this position, you will get to:
- Collaborate closely with ERICO's existing sales network of Regional Sales Agencies to maximize sales and promote market expansion.
- Influence end-user specifications to provide approval for ERICO, emphasizing technical advantages over competitor products.
- Create demand for ERICO products through pro-active promotion, technical advice, and training with end-users, design institutes/consulting companies and other specifying engineers.
- Develop sales strategies and tactical plans to achieve regional sales targets.
- Manage and maintain existing customer base.
- Effectively communicate your customer needs, activities, opportunities, market needs and other related information to your manager and team as required.
- Effectively utilize the ERICO Customer Relationship Management system to follow sale through to completion
- Carry out market analysis to identify new areas of business.
- Academic background
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is preferred (Technical discipline highly preferred)
- Previous experience in or with
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in outside sales or engineering, preferably in the electric utility market segment.
- Demonstrated achievement in sales, business development or product management.
- Experience with a customer relationship management system, preferably salesforce.com.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate confidently with both technically trained and non-technical customers.
- Interpersonal skills developed to a level sufficient to negotiate and guide potential customers toward an ERICO-provided solution.
- High level of organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Abilities to meet the physical and environmental demands
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.1 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,000 people, across more than 80 global locations
- We have a robust portfolio of product brands dating back more than 100 years and including: nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. We are a dedicated team of 9,000 people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers. While our name may be new, our products have set the standards for quality for more than a century.