The HIM Supervisor supervises day-to-day operations of the HIM clerical staff and performs general HIM functions, and at times may also supervise coders.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the shift and reports issues to management as necessary.
- Coordinates work distribution for designated shift activities.
- Coordinates filing of dictated reports according to established criteria.
- Coordinates timely completion of requests for records or information.
- Coordinates filing of records to ensure completion on a daily basis.
- Prepares monthly work schedules with management.
- Assists with staff training when needs are identified.
- Assists with record retrieval for physician completion.
- Monitors delinquent chart count on a weekly basis.
- Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality and follows federal, state and hospital guidelines for the release of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 years work experience in the health information management (HIM) field. Coding and abstracting knowledge a plus.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills. Requires good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer technology. Working knowledge of shift department functions.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have ability to handle multiple priorities, and must be able to work independently.
- Bachelors degree in HIM field
- computer knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Be Inspired. Ignite Change. Transform Health Care.
From Patient-to-PaymentSM, nThrive provides all the technology, advisory expertise, services, analytics and education programs health care organizations need to thrive in the communities they serve. Our colleagues share a united passion to help health care organizations strengthen their financial position, which translates to accessible, quality care for all. This passion fuels our drive to innovate and participate in community outreach through the nThrive CARES program. Our colleagues are encouraged to think differently and empowered to make a lasting impact that ensures our health care providers, and our world, are healthy and productive.