# Sr. Accountant
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.****
Key member of a high-performance accounting team at a publicly held company focusing on a variety of corporate accounting, compliance and reporting functions for the U.S. and consolidated group. Collaborate with accounting management to improve processes and internal controls for areas of responsibility in order to support company's growth. You need to be a hands-on professional who will ensure proper accounting and reporting of business results in accordance with US GAAP and SOX requirements, and continuously improve the quality of data on which decisions are made. We are seeking a self-starter with high personal and professional values, strong work ethic and positive attitude. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and is located at nLIGHT's corporate headquarters in Vancouver, WA, U.S.A.
- Participate in the month-end close process for the U.S. general ledger, including journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis.
- Support audit, tax and compliance requirements, including preparation of required materials.
- Prepare cash flow statement, rollforward of equity, weighted average shares, and footnotes support based on U.S. GAAP.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual SEC reporting (10-Q, 10-K)
- Collaborate with third party equity management service for stock-based compensation expense and reporting.
- Prepare various financial reports for internal and external use.
- Assist with implementation of new accounting standard and maintenance of accounting policies in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience including public accounting required.
- Experience in manufacturing/high-tech industry, and at publicly held companies, is preferred.
- CPA is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- MS Dynamics AX 2009, Wdesk and Certent experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel; experience with data query tools is a plus.
- Must enjoy new challenges, identifying improvements and driving change.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information to management.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: "EEO is the Law" and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net