- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Camas, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Europe.
Enable next generation components and systems related to semiconductor diodes lasers, fiber optic coupled devices, and fiber lasers. Drive continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment for new product development, sustained legacy products, and support production as appropriate and coordinate a wide range of cross functional groups.
- Coordinate effectively with cross functional groups (Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Quality) to drive root cause analysis, yield improvements and cost reduction.
- Provide technical leadership and support to customer facing teams for resolving customer concerns and business development.
- Lead and execute process development and improvement projects from conception to completion.
- Identify recent external advancements in appropriate technical field, and qualify into production as capable processes.
- Support transition of new products from prototype to volume production utilizing DFSS and DFM.
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities and yield metrics utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques (such as SPC, DOE, Gauge R&R), lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts.
- Support manufacturing of released processes and products including generating BOMs and routers, documenting work instructions and support training of personnel.
- Evaluate, procure, and qualify new manufacturing equipment and tools.
- Direct daily activities of engineering technicians
- US citizen or legal permanent resident required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Optical, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Physics) or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies.
- 3+ years experience in process or product development of laser components, sub-systems, fiber optics, precision optical/electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Knowledge and understanding of optical fibers, fiber assemblies and termination, optics, laser diodes and a variety of metrology/characterization/failure analysis techniques.
- Hands on working experience with optical fibers, lasers, optics and precision opto-mechanical systems and tools.
- Strong record of problem solving and data analysis through structured methodologies in high order multi-dimensional spaces
- Situational leadership skills and ability to work with cross functional & multi-site teams effectively.
- Strong command of electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, basic tooling and fixture design.
- Understanding of new product introduction, qualification, and product lifecycle process.
- ASQ Six Sigma Green Belt.
- In addition to the above qualifications, the ideal candidate embraces teamwork and mentoring opportunities among engineering and operations environments.
- Hybrid microelectronic packaging experience a plus
- Experience with industry standards such as: MIL-STD-883, MIL-PRF-38534, IPC/J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610, ANSI OP1.002.2009, and ISO 10110-7
- Background with the following processes and equipment is preferred: die attach/bonding, wire/ribbon bonding, vacuum solder reflow ovens, optical fiber alignment, hermetic seam sealing, solder and epoxies, electro-optical, electro-pneumatic and pressurized gas systems.
- ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation package
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off per year, increasing by 1 day each year up to 4 weeks, plus paid holidays
- Eligible for health benefits on the 1st day of the month following start date
- Medical & Dental Benefits including Prescription, Orthodontia and Vision with premiums as low as $35.00 per pay period
- Flexible Spending and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.
ManufacturingView all jobs at nLIGHT