We are looking for an entrepreneur, a project leader and creative problem solver for an Architectural Operations Director role in our Columbus, OH office. We are looking for someone who can be a visionary strategic leader within the Building Systems group to manage commercial, education, municipal, institutional, and retail projects. In addition to being a business development leader and evaluating future project leads, our ideal candidate would also manage the project scope, schedule, and budget for work with existing clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Help define the regional business plan and business development strategic vision for the central Ohio region.
- Continuously and successfully manage the client project relationship.
- Bring in new clients with the assistance of the Business Unit Leader’s yearly sales goals.
- Create project plans that correlate to the client’s scope of work, budget, and schedule. Hourly production hours per phase, in coordination with Technical Responsible Party’s (TRP’s) service group.
- Be responsible for the delivery of each project on time and within budget. Lead the effort to create and define project scope.
- Leads the effort to prepare fee proposals, conducting fee negotiations in conjunction with Technical Services Managers (TSMs) and Technical Responsible Parties (TRPs).
- Negotiates or assists in negotiations with client to account for scope/contract changes.
- At the close-out of the project, prepare project history data, including: construction cost analysis, special design features, and problem-feedback.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture with a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Registered Architect
- Definitive business knowledge and relationships within central Ohio
- Demonstrated experience as a project leader and creative problem solver.
- Comfort with conflict resolution and have extensive experience handling modification requests.
- Adaptability to adjust to changing client demands and requests.
- Experience with project budgets and invoicing clients.
- LEED Experience and Green Globes experience preferred
Talented people… exceptional service… successful solutions
By investing in our people, clients, and communities, we will nurture our philosophy of teamwork, respect, a caring attitude, and excitement, creating opportunities for success.
Why Choose ms consultants?
We are proud to be an award-winning engineering, architecture, planning and environmental consulting firm, annually ranking within ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms. Known since 1963 for providing quality design solutions, we offer comprehensive and innovative planning, management, design, and analysis for public and private clients. With 9 offices located in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Carolina, and West Virginia, our technical personnel meet clients’ national and local needs by providing expertise in various engineering, architecture, and planning specialties.
We partner with a variety of public and private clients and take pride in the many relationships we have formed by providing quality design solutions since 1963. We are dedicated to helping these clients achieve their goals through integrated, innovative solutions, and outstanding customer service.
ms consultants, inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ms fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. ms does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.
Please apply online via our website: https://www.msconsultants.com/careers/