Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) Reports to: Lab Supervisor/Lab Director
miR Scientific is a precision bioscience company that has developed a breakthrough test for prostate cancer.
We are looking for Medical Lab Technologists (40 hours per week) in our Rensselaer, NY location. Candidates must have, or be eligible to apply for, a NY State Department of Education Clinical Laboratory Technologist License. Candidates who are NYS Licensed are highly preferred.
The Medical Technologist performs all laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate and reliable manner according to established company and NYSDOH policies and procedures. The primary responsibility is to perform specimen preparation and clinical test analyses to acceptable levels of analytic performance under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor in a CLEP/CLIA certified laboratory.
· Accessioning clinical/commercial samples, barcoding and entering essential data onto a cloud-based HIPAA-compliant patient management platform
· Processing clinical samples from a variety of sources including but not limited to human tissues, blood and urine, in a multi-step process as part of a highly cooperative team to support the senior laboratory and management
· Entering all necessary data into a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to ensure precise sample tracking and full inventory control of reagents touching the samples, in compliance with CLEP regulations and guidelines
· Participating in the monthly Quality Management Systems (QMS) meetings, and presenting activities and metric outcomes to review and assess compliance
· Developing and implementing remedial activity plans and actively make suggestions for quality improvement
· Maintaining proficiency in the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for clinical testing and understanding the quality control parameters
· Providing hands-on back-up support to other laboratory personnel in the performance of all operational clinical tests as required to meet service imperative
· Maintaining laboratory records, including records demonstrating that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens
· Adhering to the laboratory’s quality control policies and documenting all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed
· As necessary, documenting corrective actions taken by the laboratory when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
· Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
· Understanding and complying with all laboratory policies and procedures including (but not necessarily limited to), laboratory policies and procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, and reporting and maintaining records of test examinations
· Clear understanding of patient confidentiality, as outlined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
· Familiarity with basic precautions needed when working with RNA during extraction and subsequent quality control
· Familiarity with basic molecular technologies including but not limited to cDNA synthesis and Real Time-polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR) and electrophoresis
· Familiarity with basic equipment operation and maintenance
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Consideration for co-workers
· Excellent time-management
· Ability to work collaboratively, exercises good judgment and maintain clear records
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Capable of providing hands on back-up support to other laboratory personnel in the performance of all operational clinical tests, as required
· Demonstrated proficiency in basic laboratory skills (solution preparation, pipetting with single channel and multichannel pipettes and robotic liquid handlers)
· Familiarity with word processing (MS Word) and data management (MS Excel) and Laboratory Inventory Management Systems
· Must be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correcting the problems or immediately notifying the laboratory supervisor or director of such problems
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology from an accredited college or university
· Must have or be eligible to apply for a NY State Department of Education Clinical Laboratory Technologist License. Candidates who are NYS-licensed highly preferred.
· Medium work of lifting up to 50 pounds and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
· The work required for this position is to be performed onsite in a certified laboratory environment. Some shift work may be required.
miR Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Salary: $65,000-75,000 commensurate with qualification and experience.
Date of Hire: ASAP
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
Reference ID: MLT
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
Why Work Here?miR Scientific is a precision molecular bioscience company that creates and delivers scalable breakthrough technologies for the provision of accessible diagnostic, prognostic, monitoring and companion products and services for large at-risk cancer populations. miR's pipeline of products includes the Prostate Cancer Sentinel TestTM, a urine-based liquid biopsy test with unprecedented accuracy that has the potential to save thousands of men from suffering possible severe side effects of unnecessary prostate cancer treatments. The Company was incorporated in 2014 as a commercial spin-out from the State of New York University at Albany's Cancer Research Center and currently has operations in Rensselaer, New York City, New Jersey, Israel and Canada.
Work on cutting edge technology with a supportive team and room for advancement