Under the direction of the Executive Director, Talent Acquisition, the Sourcing Specialist is responsible for a variety of social sourcing and operational services for the talent acquisition unit. The purpose of this role is to build candidate pipelines for current and future openings, identify candidates for hard to fill vacancies using a variety of methods such as social media, referrals and direct calls. In addition, the role is responsible to ensure timely posting of all job requisitions within defined turn around times and act as the liaison for social media posts on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other sites.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- The ideal candidate will identify and source qualified candidates (passive and active) by creative sourcing techniques to include networking, referrals, social media, job boards, alumni lists, etc.
- Be the point of contact for social media posts (daily, weekly or as otherwise directed) to ensure MemorialCare's talent acquisition presence is continually highlighted.
- Serves as subject matter expert to accurately and timely (within 24 hours) ensure requisitions are posted internally and externally and on various site, niche job boards or other avenues to ensure a strong candidate pool.
- Perform complex research, networking, and analysis to develop active and passive candidate pipelines.
- Responsible for identifying qualified applicants for hard-to-fill, niche positions and present a diverse candidate slate to support business diversity and inclusion efforts where applicable.
- Accountable for generating leads by leveraging relationships, referrals, social media networks, career fairs, cold calling, job boards, outreach events, and other emerging sourcing best practices.
- Support the recruitment lifecycle by sourcing qualified candidates, reviewing resumes, phone screening and generating a flow of appropriate resumes/candidates who meet the job requirements and preferences.
- Initiate the reference check process working directly with recruiters.
- Serves as point of contact for recruitment events to coordinate and establish project plans, invitations, coordinate logistics to successfully accomplish such events.
- Foster a strong customer service orientation with clients by working collaboratively with the Talent Acquisition Team and consulting effectively at all levels within the business.
- Accountable for following Talent Acquisition processes following policies, practices, EEO/AA, and other legal requirements.
- Candidate must work well independently with a high level of responsibility and be comfortable in a process-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical. Candidate must be detail oriented and possess the ability to multitask. Must have a strong sense of urgency and be accustomed to working at a fast pace.
Education, Training, and Experience REQUIRED:
- Minimum of two years of agency recruitment and/or sourcing experience with specific knowledge of effective sourcing strategies and techniques.
- Experience with heavy outbound calls to help successfully source for the best candidates.
- Knowledgeable of various recruitment mediums and tools such as social media networks, job boards, career fairs, and other sourcing channels.
- Previous experience sourcing candidates through a variety of techniques: direct sourcing, Boolean searches, social networking sites, etc.
- Must be internet savvy with strong research skills.
- Maintain consistent communication and follow up with recruiters to ensure staffing plans & objectives are being met.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- A demonstrated ability to build strong and collaborative working relationships with candidates/applicants, colleagues, and internal customers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, capable of offering solutions to various challenges that require a degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation and navigate effectively in a matrix environment.
- Must be detailed oriented, and proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certification(s), AIRS, CIR
- Previous experience working with Taleo, Linkedin, and/or other advanced (ATS) is preferred.
- Prior sourcing experience with a proven track record of success in direct sourcing of top talent through a wide range of methods.
BA or BS degree in the appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, plus two (2) years of appropriate and progressive experience; additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.