medCPU, a software company specializing in Clinical Decision Support (CDS) software for the healthcare industry, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing Pittsburgh team!
The DevOps Engineer will work as part of medCPU Implementation and Operations Team to support technical operations surrounding medCPU product implementations. Some software engineering experience is necessary, as this role additionally involves developing internal tooling that assists in automating software deployments and analyzing system performance. This is a full time, non-contract position that directly reports to the VP of Implementations and Operations.
· Creates internal tooling to aid in client implementations and ongoing support
· Monitors health of medCPU infrastructure
· Participates in on-call rotation
· Configures and maintains (including system updates) medCPU infrastructure (on-premise installations)
· Manages data retention technologies (backups)
· Deploys medCPU product code
· Responsibility for ensuring system-level security of the medCPU product and infrastructure
· Scales medCPU infrastructure to meet load
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
· Linux/Unix Administration
· Strong skills with Bash, the Linux filesystem, and other systems administration-related scripting languages
· Familiarity with Java
· Docker containers, or other Linux container products
· Kubernetes container orchestration framework
· Source Control (Git)
· Continuous Integration
· Strong understanding of system and application security
· Knowledge of database management (Postgres) techniques a plus
Our Location in Pittsburgh’s Southside
This position is full-time, based in our office at 2100 Wharton Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 on Pittsburgh’s ‘South Side’. The South Side is a vibrant, youthful community and a weekend hotspot with a mix of tech startups, hip eateries, eclectic shopping and watering holes. Pittsburgh is a beautiful, affordable city, and frequently among the top five most livable cities in the USA. Increasingly known for its burgeoning technology sector, Pittsburgh is attracting top tech talent from around the world.
This position is full-time, based in our office at 2100 Wharton Street, Pittsburgh, PA. We enjoy a casual work environment, with a 14-foot shuffleboard table providing a friendly competitive outlet for those times when you just need a break. The building also provides an on-site café and gym.
· Benefits: Includes full benefits (Medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off, and more).
· Visa sponsorship: Not available for this position.