Vice President, Human Resources
MDO (myDigitalOffice) is on a mission to organize the hospitality industry’s data and make it accessible and usable. Our vision is to make data work for hospitality, not hospitality work for data. We are the world’s fastest-growing hotel data platform, providing customers with centralized, digital access to all of their hotels’ most critical documents and cross-functional performance metrics. By providing these, our clients can drive operational efficiencies and optimize performance.
We are seeking a strategic and dynamic VP, Human Resources to lead our HR department and drive the development and implementation of HR strategies that align with our organization's goals and values. The VP, Human Resources will lead a team of HR professionals and will be an active member of the MDO Executive Team, reporting directly to the CEO. Leading the evolution of the organization and implementing organizational axioms, Visibility & Alignment, Accountability & Support and Enablement & Empowerment, will be a key strategic priority. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of effectively managing all aspects of HR strategy, Executive Team development, employer branding, talent acquisition and performance development, total rewards, diversity and inclusion, leadership development, employee relations, learning & development, organizational effectiveness, communications, people analytics and workforce planning.
- Develop and implement HR strategies that support the organization's overall objectives and foster a positive workplace culture.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to drive alignment and executive development and provide recommendations on workforce planning, talent management, and organizational development to ensure operational efficiency and growth are both achieved in the next 12-24 months.
- Partner with the CEO to ensure cultural alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Review the existing HR framework, assess the core functional capabilities and create a plan to close identified gaps. Apply a data-driven analytical approach to addressing challenges.
- Foster professional development and training programs to enhance employee skills and career growth.
- Identify critical people metrics and coordinate the collection, analysis and reporting of quantitative and qualitative data to inform and track progress against the talent & HR initiatives.
- Lead the design and implementation of performance development systems, including goal setting, performance reviews, and ongoing feedback mechanisms.
- Collaborate with people leaders to address performance concerns and support employee growth through coaching and development plans.
- Provide guidance and counsel to employees and people leaders on HR-related matters, ensuring fair and consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Lead a competitive total rewards strategy, aligned to the company’s strategic plan that enables the company to attract, hire, develop and retain talent.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable labor laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives to create a more inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Maintain a current understanding of HR, customer and operations trends and best practices and bring the best of these to future programs and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of HR experience in Global organizations, hospitality, tech, and/or organizations under significant transformation.
- 5+ years leadership experience in an HR function.
- Deep understanding of business fundamentals.
- Prior Global HR experience - Canada, Australia, Sri Lanka preferred.
- Previous merger/acquisition/integration experience on a global or domestic level preferred.
- Deep understanding of HR principles, labor laws, immigration/work permits and regulations.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, partnering with executive teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to galvanize executive teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships at all organizational levels.
- Proven ability to architect corporate culture to align values, performance development tools and stages of employee lifecycle. Prior experience scaling a tech culture.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills.
- A preference to have worked in private equity having supported software, education, B2B or B2C organizations.
- Proficiency in HR software and systems. Experience with Paylocity & Culpepper is a plus.
- PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-SCP certification is highly desirable.
- Preference for candidates located in Austin, TX or Atlanta, GA.
4350 East West HwyBethesda, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.