Director Of Operations
The Director of Operations will oversee the day to day functions of a manufacturing and assembly operation who manufactures components for hydronic plumbing fittings and assemblies. The operation includes brazing, vibratory cleaning, stamping, assembly, testing, packing and shipping of all Maid O Mist products. This will include the monitoring of raw materials inventory, work in process inventory and finished goods inventory.
The role requires a dynamic thinker with 10+ years in operations management and a minimum of five years in a management or leadership capacity. Knowledge of capacity planning, inventory management, scheduling, quality and logistics (both inbound and outbound) are required.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable creating budgets and financial plans for small organizations. They should have experience conducting both internal and external/client negotiations. A suitable candidate will have demonstrated success in creating creative and practical solutions to increase employee productivity and maximize profitability.
The person who will best fit the role here will be a senior person who has experience under a well managed operations system in an ISO 9001-2015 environment. There is a need for a dynamic personality, willingness to challenge current methods and an overall can do attitude.
The products are manufactured for the hydronic plumbing industry and we are engineering other parts to expand the lines into other plumbing and HVAC areas.
· Defining, implementing and revising operational policies and guidelines for the organization
· Developing and executing new growth directives
· Designing efficient assembly operations and re-engineering lines to accommodate better throughput
· Managing scorecard metrics for quality, inventory and on-time delivery
· Creating standard work procedures in line with the ISO standard
· Create daily and weekly revenue plans and staff to complete the goals
· Keeping track of the company's revenue margins and conduct budget reviews to maximize profits
· Overseeing client support services
· Managing procurement and resource allocation
Skills and Qualifications:
· Excellent leadership and organizational abilities
· Superior knowledge of industry regulations and operational guidelines
· Knowledge of data analysis software packages
· Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) packages
· Strong written and oral communication
· Proven knowledge of performance evaluation metrics in a business setting
· First-class people skills
Education and training:
Ideally the candidate will have an engineering background with operations management focus. A BA is required and commiserate experience will be considered.
Certifications in CQE, ISO, SSBB are a plus
Knowledge of manufacturing processes in the areas of plumbing fixture manufacturing, plumbing fittings manufacturing, experience with brass, copper, stainless steel and aluminum are strongly required.
Salary will be consistent with experience and bonuses will be designed for the achievement of set goals.