- Expired: March 19, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Based in Washington state, magniX is a leader in electric propulsion for aerospace & defense, working to revolutionize how the world connects by transforming the way aircraft are powered. magniX has been at the leading edge of electric propulsion innovation for quite some time, proving our technology in flight. We are now ready to take our technology and products to market. Be part of a passionate team that is ushering in the 3rd era of aviation.
About the role
This role will be a part of the Energy Storage Systems Team and responsible for the development and integration of battery and energy systems within magniX projects. You will be responsible for the definition, development, and verification of battery and energy systems. The position will provide an opportunity to participate in full development life cycle- everything from capturing and managing requirements to verification of systems aspects. You will be participating in exciting projects within magniX, including our hybrid electric demonstrator for the NASA EPFD program.
- Collaborate with magniX teams and external partners to to develop, integrate, and qualify lithium based battery systems
- Capture and manage battery systems requirements. Review compliance of design to specifications and requirements
- Specify system functions and functional allocation for battery systems
- Support the validation, verification, and test plans for NASA and FAA regulatory compliance
- Collaborate with stakeholders on a variety of energy storage solution discussions such as efforts towards certification, maintaining compliance in all areas, and solutions for aircraft installation
- Contribute to the expansion of the magniX Energy System Team by identifying required skills and participating in interviews of candidates
- Contribute with planning activities related to the development of battery systems
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 3-5+ years experience with safety-critical aerospace systems development
- Experience with requirement management process
- Experience with aerospace systems certification
- Experience with system verification and qualification tests
- Good written and verbal communications skill
- Fast-paced learner with new technology and design solutions
Compensation & Benefits
magniX benefits include:
- 100% company-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance (for employees & dependents).
- 9.5% 401K company contribution.
- Life insurance.
- ADD insurance.
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- 4 weeks paid vacation + 1-week annual end-of-year shutdown, sick time, and 11 paid holidays.
- On-Site or Hybrid work options (3 days on-site, 2 days WFH)
- Relocation package including flights, 2-week accommodations, and moving allowance.
- Catered Friday lunches and quarterly company fun-day events!
This position's approximate base salary range is $130,000-$150,000 annually, depending on experience and education.
magniX is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability status.
magniX USA Inc
Get fresh Como Electric jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.