Sr. Engineering Manager (REQ100117) - Virtual/Remote
mPulse Mobile Toledo, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
mPulse Mobile seeks an Engineering Manager who will manage a team of engineers for a variety of project. The daily duties involve documenting project functionality requirements, coordinating with development staff to accomplish project requirements in the most efficient and expeditious manner, and manage development projects pre and post-launch.
The critical success factors for this role are:
- Manage the execution of product launches from product development and support development team
- Must be technically credible to lead teams of engineers. Must be able to make the right design decisions related to product features and technology choices.
*This will be a remote position with options to work in the MN or CA office.
Company Mission and Highlights:
mPulse Mobile is reimagining health engagement to inspire healthier lives and deeper relationships between healthcare organizations and their consumers. Healthcare’s leading Conversational AI platform combines with award-winning health education for the streaming age to deliver tailored digital health engagement that educates and activates healthcare consumers. With over a decade of experience, 100+ healthcare customers and more than 300 million conversations annually, mPulse Mobile has the data, the expertise and the solutions to drive healthy behavior change.
The Big Know, now part of mPulse Mobile, delivers wellbeing for the streaming age through a modern learning platform and cinematic content created with popular experts. Offering custom and licensable content solutions, The Big Know helps health innovators reach more people and lower costs to serve and improve health outcomes. Combined mPulse’s proven ability to reach and engage vital member populations with The Big Know’s learning expertise and rich media health education experiences, enabling health innovators to deliver personalized conversational experiences in preferred member channels and streaming content formats
mPulse Mobile is now 100% a Flexible Hybrid working model! This means that we hire remotely but also support collaborative efforts in the office. Our managers may have scheduled team events meetings or collaborative efforts in one of our main office locations in Encino, CA (Headquarters) or Minneapolis, MN on occasion. (mPulse takes care of out of state travel accommodations if needed).
Our Core Values:
- Model Integrity and Collaboration
- Drive Innovation and Thought Leadership
- Support Decision Making at All Levels
- Create Value for Clients by Empowering Consumers
- Improve Customer Experience Through Simple Design
- Celebrate Success… Often
- Enjoy Flexible PTO and flexible work hours
- mPulse now supports a permanent flexible schedule!
- Full Vision, Dental and Healthcare - all individual premiums paid by mPulse!
- 401K Program with a 4% match
- 3 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Paid Parking as well as Car Pooling incentives
- Laptop fitness stations
- Ping pong conference table and Foosball
- Design, develop, architect and maintain software applications for mPulse Mobile platform and client facing solutions
- Work with product managers to ensure application requirements are satisfied and delivered on time
- Conduct code reviews and maintain software development lifecycle
- Encourage and promote best practices
- Ensure applications are HIPAA compliant
- Mentor, coach, and develop team members
- Monitor environment and handle disaster recoveries, system failures, and outages, ensuring client SLAs are met
- Assist with incident responses investigation mPulse systems as needed
Skills / Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience in product development
- 1-2 years in managerial experience
- Strong Python skills.
- Knowledge of Django
- Strong SQL and relational database skills
- Strong React JS
- Strong ideation and conceptual skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to relay concise feedback within organization
- Must be a strategic thinker, flexible, self-starter, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player, reliable partner, and collaborative thinker is a must
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or other related field)
- 5 years experience in Product Development
- 1 years of team management experience
- Team player
5 years experience in software development
1 years of team management experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related field.
Knowledge in: Python
Knowledge in: PostgreSQL
Knowledge in: ReactJS
Knowledge in: Team Player
Knowledge in: Teams
Knowledge in: microsoft office suite
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EngineeringView all jobs at mPulse Mobile