Software Engineer( Ruby on Rails) - Virtual/Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
mPulse is seeking a Software Engineer. In this role, you will be working on our Health Education and Streaming platform to help our customers engage interactively with their health. The application is written in Ruby on Rails and has a lot of cool features in the pipeline as well as interacting with a top-notch set of developers across mPulse. Our Core Platform is all about conversing with our users. You'll be helping to further integrate the Education platform into that mission. There's a LOT going on and you will love it!
Permanent Flexible Hybrid work schedule (remote), Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, 401K, 401K with company match, Life Insurance, Health Spending Account (HSA), Flex Spending Account (FSA), Paid holidays, Phone/Internet Stipend, Paid time off, Employee Referral Program, Community service programs
Accountability – Take ownership. Execute with intent. Exceed client expectations.
Recognition – Be positive. Encourage others. Celebrate success.
Collaboration & Learning – Share what you know. Listen openly. Stay curious.
Thrive – Cultivate well-being. Be inclusive. Find balance.
Innovation – Inspire creative solutions. Activate consumers. Drive outcomes.
Commitment – Work with purpose. Make an impact. Help us win.
- Enjoy Flexible PTO and flexible work hours
- Hybrid, a remote-first working model with quarterly team meetings (travel paid by mPulse)
- Three office locations: Encino, CA, Minneapolis, MN, AND San Mateo, CA.
- mPulse Mobile covers 100% of employee-only premiums for selected plans as well as 25% dependent coverage
- Full Vision and Dental - Dental and Vision individual premiums are paid by mPulse as well as 25% dependent coverage
- 401K Program with a 4% match
- 3 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Wellness and Work from the Home stipend
- Virtual Happy Hours & Events
- Weekly All-Hands meetings giving regular access to leadership
- Several team interest groups including Diversity, Inclusion, & You committee, Culture Club, and mPulse Mobilize
- Laptop fitness station in LA Office
- Employee referral bonuses (up to $3000)
- Ping pong conference table and Foosball
- Free snacks and drinks
Minimum Requirements - Skills:
- We are seeking a seasoned developer that thrives in small to medium-sized company environments
- You are entrepreneurial and willing to take risks, fail quickly, and learn
- You like talking to people, debating issues, having a point of view, and sharing it
- You show a willingness to compromise
- You appreciate how business dynamics shape the work of the dev team and enjoy playing an active role in those business dynamics
- This role will ideally be full-stack with a stronger emphasis on back-end skillset, but able to architect and put in place front-end patterns for team members to carry forward.
- SQL (PostgreSQL)
- PaaS Stack Management (Ideally Heroku)
- API Dev
- SAML 2.0 or other standard Auth frameworks
- Some of our front-end technologies
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Responsive Design
- Helpful General Skills
- Bitbucket / GitHub
- Memcached Cloud
- Amazon Cloudfront
- Worked in medium to small organizations
- Worked in agile environments
- Created entity-relationship diagrams
- Follows database design best practices
- Interpreted or created wireframes and application designs
- You’ve used different tools to prototype and test things prior to building
- You’ve defined processes for the dev shop
- Have lots of backend dev experience
- Have a decent amount of front-end dev experience
- You’ve worked with lots of different technologies and frameworks
- You’ve been part of working with a mixed on-shore / off-shore balanced team
- You’ve likely been an architect of an application or two
- You spent some time doing some sys administration (at least a little bit!)
- You’ve got people who will say amazing things about the work you’ve done for them
- You’ll have a spirit of contribution, with a demonstrated desire to make a difference with the work you produce, and how you produce it
- Bachelor or equivalent experience
1 to 2 Years of Experience Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
TechnologyView all jobs at mPulse Mobile