Human Resources Specialist / Office Coordinator (HR Specialist) (REQ100105) - Virtual/Remote
mPulse Mobile Cranston, RI
- Posted: 24 days ago
This HR Specialist will also provide in office support for the Minneapolis office. They will be responsible for helping coordinate events, ensure office safety meets state compliance and regulations and also ensure culturally the Minneapolis team is supported overall. The selected candidate will partner with the LA Office administration team to ensure the Minneapolis office is fully supplied with office equipment and material, help to coordinate and meet office vendors as well as support with building and office logistics.
As an HR Specialist, it is essential to support our employees by meeting them where they are. Our goal in this HR world is to work toward creating a more humane workplace by showing up though active listening, leading with empathy, and being a thought partner for all of our employees when problem solving. Our teams lean on us to support them and we want to always show up as a friendly face who provides excellent customer service.
Someone who would fit well on the HR Team would be someone who embodies mPulse Mobile’s values. The desired candidate would be a Collaborative individual who works to partner with all. They would need to hold high standards for Accountability for themselves and for others, working toward best practices to hold themselves and others accountable. They would need to be a thought partner for the HR Team by consistently seeking new learning opportunities and ways to gain knowledge with efforts to bring Innovative ideas for HR practices. And at every level, they will need to bring the highest level of professionality and highest quality of customer service efforts to our employees. At mPulse Mobile, our employees matter, we want to take care of them and it will always be a priority to show them that we care.
*applicants preferred in Minneapolis, MN.
- Attention to Detail
- Independent Self-Starter
- Highly Organized
- Critical Thinker
- Problem Solver
- Excellent Communicator
- Ability to Prioritize
- Team Work & Collaboration
- Multi-Tasker with Strong Sense of Urgency
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, 401K, 401K with company match, Life Insurance, Health Spending Account (HSA), Flex Spending Account (FSA), Flexible work schedule, Paid holidays, Phone/Internet Stipend, Paid time off, Employee Referral Program, Community service programs
- Enjoy Flexible PTO and flexible work hours
- Full Vision, Dental and Healthcare - selected individual premiums paid by mPulse!
- 401K Program with a 4% match
- 3 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Weekly team lunches to celebrate victories
- Paid Parking as well as Car Pooling incentives
- Laptop fitness stations
- Ping pong conference table and Foosball
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling all employee lifecycle changes and transactions (including but not limited to new hire, promotion, transfer, leave of absence, termination, I-9 verification, benefits, etc.).
- Participate in and lead new hire orientations and support with onboarding
- Assist with recruitment efforts. Screen candidates, coordinate interviews, conduct reference checks and enforce recruitment practices at mPulse
- Manage job posting process and action sourcing efforts. Identify and recommend sourcing targets to generate candidate pipelines.
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals, and support the evaluation of training programs
- Partner with HR Director for the off-boarding process for separating associates (prep managers, conduct exit interviews, process exit surveys, track turnover data/metrics).
- Resolve simple and complex employee relations issues and address grievances. Assist managers with performance management coaching.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR policy guidance and suggest new HR strategies where applicable
- Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning
- Assist with legal compliance: order/distribute all state and federal topics. Assist in maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and legislations to ensure regulatory compliance, including preparing mandatory federal and state reports.
- Shape a culture that facilitates and supports mPulse Mobile’s goals and initiatives, by partnering with, consulting, supporting and coaching managers in their execution of core human processes by providing regular HR guidance.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Maintain HRIS, personnel records and employee documents, and employee roster. Maintain, update and manage employee documentation
- Provide support with reporting, auditing, and data integrity initiatives, including general support for various compliance, reporting and audit and due diligence related initiatives
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts, leveraging systems and tools to automate and eliminate manual work where possible. Document and maintain core HR processes for stakeholders, managers and all team members.
- Partner closely with other HR Team Members and other functional key stakeholders to execute operational processes and services with a focus on holistic employee experience and data integrity.
- Assist with day-to-day HR operationsAd hoc projects for the team as needed.
- Applied experience with conflict management, employee conflicts.
- Experience managing employee data, running reports and taking transactions in HRIS system.
- Experience and knowledge of Minnesota Labor Laws and Regulations.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Leadership, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, MSW – Business Focus, or MBA preferred
- 4 years proven combined work experience as an HR Business Partner, Specialist or Coordinator.
- BS Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development or other related field
- 2+ years proven work experience as an HR Business Partner
- Thorough knowledge of labor legislation
- Proven knowledge working in a full HRIS suite.
2+ years proven combined work experience as an HR Business Partner, Specialist or Coordinator
Thorough proven knowledge of labor legislation
Proven knowledge working in a full HRIS suite
BS Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development or other related field
Knowledge in: Human resource management software HRMS
Knowledge in: Microsoft Outlook
Knowledge in: Microsoft Excel
Knowledge in: Microsoft Word
Knowledge in: Web conferencing cameras
Knowledge in: Microsoft PowerPoint
Knowledge in: Microsoft SharePoint
Knowledge in: Office inkjet printers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
BusinessView all jobs at mPulse Mobile