Data Science Manager (REQ100098) - Virtual/Remote
mPulse Mobile Sioux Falls, SD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’ve made progress (and a difference) but we’ve just started and we’re looking for people to join our Data Science team. The Data Science team gets to work on these problems and develops technology products using a combination of data, research and business strategy. Our team continuously evaluates and uses the best techniques in machine learning, data science, AI, behavioral science and computational linguistics to build new capabilities within our SaaS platform. We also conduct applied research with our clients to demonstrate what works and what doesn’t. Being part of this team is intellectually challenging and continuously evolving, but at the same time one of the most meaningful because of the impact you make on a daily basis.
- Attention to Detail
- Independent Self-Starter
- Highly Organized
- Critical Thinker
- Problem Solver
- Excellent Communicator
- Ability to Prioritize
- Team Work & Collaboration
- Multi-Tasker with Strong Sense of Urgency
mPulse Mobile is reimagining health engagement to inspire healthier lives and deeper relationships between healthcare organizations and their consumers. Healthcare’s leading Conversational AI platform combines with award-winning health education for the streaming age to deliver tailored digital health engagement that educates and activates healthcare consumers. With over a decade of experience, 100+ healthcare customers and more than 300 million conversations annually, mPulse Mobile has the data, the expertise and the solutions to drive healthy behavior change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, inspire and manage a cross-functional Data Science team, focused on understanding member/users, conversation design, natural language understanding and data science to build mobile engagement solutions that have a measurable impact on health outcomes.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the product team to refine and develop these solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Software Engineering and Operations
- Work with marketing, account management and product to showcase Data Science efforts, new capabilities and research.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and collecting structure and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting.
- Strong understanding of the state of the art Machine Learning Methods and statistics and in-depth techniques for practical application.
- Appreciation and knowledge of the US Healthcare system and its complexities
- Analytical intellectually curious and creative with an agile and innovative approach to solving difficult problems and managing shifting priorities.
- Willing to work with a wide range of stakeholders and to build relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues across the company.
- Strong Communication skills, both verbal and written and a good team player
- Passionate about building data driven solutions to improve health outcomes and achieve business goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Cognitive Science, Behavioral Science or other related field.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team in Product, Software Engineering or Data Science and able to coach existing talent to elevate them to the best of their capacity
- At least 5 years in a corporate, start-up or research environment.
- US Citizen
- Master's Degree - in related field
- 5 years experience managing a team
At least 3 years of experience managing a team in product, engineering or data science and able to coach existing talent to elevate them to the best of their capacity
At least 5 years of experience in a corporate, start-up, or research environment
Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Cognitive Science, Behavioral Science or other quantitative discipline
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
AddressSioux Falls, SD
TechnologyView all jobs at mPulse Mobile