Intermediate Engineering Technologist / Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
mCloud has exciting opportunities for Junior and Intermediate Electrical & Instrumentation Engineers or Technologists based in Edmonton or Calgary. The ideal candidate(s) for this position would be an Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer or Technologist with expertise in designing industrial control systems. Combining engineering with software, AI and analytics and executing projects within a collaborative team.
As a key part of our Technical Project Services team, we need your technical soundness, persuasive communication and coordination skills, and depth and breadth of knowledge to problem solve and make decisions. You will work on diverse low to medium voltage power distribution design engineering projects with our well-established clients. You will also successfully complete both new and migration automation projects varying in size and complexity including DCS, PLC, HMI, SCADA and RTU systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to instrumentation/electrical engineering work and develop the design of drawings for construction of the physical components of automation systems including, but not limited to the following:
- DCS/PLC/RTU/SIS hardware design
- Control panel layout & design
- Power distribution systems design
- I/O wiring
- Loop drawings
- Fieldbus design
- UPS design
- Control console design
- PLC/DCS/SCADA/HMI programming as required
- Work with plant systems including low to medium voltage cable systems; switching equipment; transformers and protection/control; motor control; plant lighting; and grounding
- Experience with Heat Tracing, ETAP would be consider an asset
- Specify instrumentation and control valves
- Create technical reports and client correspondence and presentations
- Plan detailed specifications and contract documents for procurement of major electrical equipment as well as construction document packages
- Prepare the technical portions of procurement documents (RFQs, POs) and review equipment tenders and vendor documents
- Visit project sites and other design offices for project related activities as required, including trouble shooting, commissioning and start-up support
Must have Experience, Education, and Designations:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technologist
- We will also consider a Chemical Engineer or Process Control Engineer, or instrumentation Engineer/Technologist
- Registered as a P. Eng or an E.I.T (or pursuing a Professional Engineers designation) in the Province of Alberta or as a Certified Engineering Technologist registered with the Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists (A.S.E.T.)
- 4 or more years of related electrical, instrumentation and/or automation systems engineering experience
- Detailed knowledge of the Canadian Electrical code and additional industry standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PLC, DCS, HMI configuration experience would be considered an asset
- Previous EPC experience would be considered an asset
You are approachable, confident, forward-thinking, and have a winning teamwork attitude. As a self-starter, you multitask and adapt to changing priorities. You are creative in problem-solving and excel in a dynamic work environment. Overall, you navigate and act inclusively and collaboratively in an organization that brings together many different perspectives and skill sets from all over the world.
mCloud is unlocking the untapped potential of energy-intensive assets using IoT, AI, and the cloud. We operate three lines of business, connecting and optimizing assets like HVAC units in commercial buildings, wind turbines in renewable energy, and the control systems at process industry facilities. We're a global company, headquartered in Calgary with a presence across North America, the UK and continental Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and China.
Today, we connect and manage over 59,000 energy assets through our AssetCare™ platform. We help our customers double asset productivity, reduce their asset energy consumption by up to 25%, and triple the speed at which they are able to respond to the unexpected. mCloud helps eliminate about 80,000 tons in greenhouse gas emissions every year – or the same amount of GHG emitted by 18,000 passenger cars on the road.
Solving the world's most challenging energy problems is hard work – it takes dedicated, talented, and innovative people working together as one team to make it all happen. We are a team, which means "we" comes before "me." And we are driven to deliver measurable, bottom-line results for our customers everywhere through our technology. We get stuff done and we have fun doing it!
Why you want to join our team:
If you want to be part of an elite team with the ambition to become Canada's next big unicorn tech company, mCloud is the place for you. We are a team that helps one another succeed and thrive – you will get the autonomy, support, and flexibility you need to be successful from every part of our business.
Why you shouldn't join our team:
We are busy and fast-paced! We work hard. We are a global company, so our hours are not standard. Sometimes you have to be up early or work late to meet with people in different time zones, but with that comes flexibility.
Our expectations are high. This is not an organization where you can hide or not constantly be driving for results.
No day is ever the same, and most days, you come in with a list of things to do, and then something happens, and you need to pivot.
We do not tolerate people who are only in it for themselves. We are a team, and we are all in the business of helping those around us succeed. We expect and demand nothing less.
TechnologyView all jobs at mCloud Technologies