Sr Software Engineer - C#/.Net Core/Web APIs/SQL
loanDepot Plano, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Senior Software Engineer relies on 5-8 years of experience building and supporting Enterprise Applications to design, develop, and enhance mello--the engine that helps borrowers fulfill their dream of home ownership. At loanDepot we build mobile experiences and line of business applications that handle millions of transactions per year. We expect you to bring excellent code, an understanding of modern design patterns and a passion for performance. In return, we will provide you with access to cutting edge technology, a modern Agile workplace, a team of skilled professionals, and complex problems to solve. We are growing and you can grow here too.
- Works with the Product Owner to provide technical design, estimation, and implementation for user stories.
- Participates in all Agile ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, SCRUM, and Retrospectives.
- Provides technical design leadership on user stories, engaging the Data and Architecture groups as needed.
- Deliver user stories on time with high quality, serving in a leadership role where needed or in a supporting capacity.
- Mentor junior developers and assist with the technical breakdown of user stories for execution as needed.
- Designs software for reliability and automated deployment by creating detailed unit tests using an appropriate testing framework.
- Works with the Information Security Team to assure that all solutions follow best practices in protecting our customer’s personal information.
- Takes a primary role in resolving critical production issues when needed.
- Deep familiarity with the modern ASP.NET pipeline with emphasis on .NET Core
- Expertise in avoiding common problems of dynamic application load using established techniques such as caching, API design, resource scaling and asynchronous communication patterns.
- Exposure to "expert systems" design including the use of rules-based approaches and machine learning.
- Ability to deliver applications built on well designed and reusable components. Strong familiar with the creation and use of NuGet packages, CI/CD Artifacts, and other approaches to simplify and reuse software.
- At least 5 years of experience with an Enterprise programming language (C#, C++, or Java). Java experience can be used to satisfy the requirement, but all development will be done in .NET.
- "Full Stack" experience with Microsoft technologies such as Visual Studio, SQL Server
- Experienced in SQL DML and DDL, can “read” data models, as well as identify and resolve common performance problems.
- Commitment to code quality as demonstrated by the practice of test-driven development, the creation of unit tests and active participation in code reviews.
- Experience developing with and deploying on Azure Cloud technologies, including Function Apps, Storage Blobs, Azure Service Bus, Service Fabric, API Management, Power Automate and Dynamics 365.
- Prior exposure to Empower or another full featured loan servicing platform is always desirable.
- Designs applications with simple and well understood dependencies suitable for deployment in a CI/CD environment
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO (Discretionary Time Off) in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
TechnologyView all jobs at loanDepot