Biomedical Equipment Technician 2
- Posted: over a month ago
This company's growing Healthcare Technology Management Division is seeking solution-oriented candidates who excel at customer service with a proven success as an experienced Biomedical Equipment Technician II to support Healthcare Technology service for Faith Regional Health Services in Norfolk, NE. The main role / responsibilities of the position will be to ensure all related biomedical equipment is maintained in a quality and timely manner. The ideal candidate will have outstanding customer service and communications skill as well as a strong technical skills and commitment to deliver excellent repair service in an expedient manner.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience effectively repairing, maintaining and calibrating clinical devices such as, but not limited to: OR equipment, Anesthesia, and Ventilators.
- Experience in a hospital or healthcare setting.
- The ability to make decisions regarding troubleshooting and repairing medical devices.
- Excellent communication, customer service and time management skills.
- Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze, repair, and test electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance inspections.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and illustrated parts drawings of biomedical instrumentation.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the application and repair of computers and servers and how they interface with medical equipment.
- Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of repairs, calibration, and tests.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology as applied to use of biomedical equipment.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of electronic equipment and its operation, repair, and maintenance.
- Individual will work under supervision of Account Manager or Clinical Engineer and Clinical Engineering Supervisor.
- Typical physical demands are required to perform the work, such as ability to lift of to 50 lbs. of equipment; to push/pull equipment carts; and to kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair.
- Generally good working conditions. Possible hazards include exposure to electrical shock, ionizing radiation, chemicals and chemical fumes, high-pressure air, infectious disease, and various other hazards associated with biomedical engineering work.
- Protective clothing and safe work practices are required.
- Decisions are moderate in nature, impacting project schedules. Errors are detected and corrected with relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships.
- May require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
Scope of Impact:
- Provides training and support to other technicians as needed.
Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates a comprehensive range of clinical equipment, devices, systems and instruments.
- Inspect, maintain, repair and calibrate equipment and systems
- Ensures regulatory compliance
- Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient care
- Interacts on a routine basis with clinical health providers in the identification of technology based problems and solutions
- Solves organization-level customer service issues and complaints
- Preparing required documentation and reports
- Demonstrates a safety mindset
- Financial responsibility for purchasing parts and service
- Develops staff by teaching and mentoring others.
- Basic Education Requirement - Associates Degree (or equivalent experience) in electronic, biomedical engineering or a discipline geared toward managing maintaining and repairing clinical equipment within a healthcare environment
- Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical repair in a health care technology setting.
Working for This Company:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? This company fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for us a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal, and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance every day.
Working in Healthcare Technology Management for this company, you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their clinical technology needs. Together, we provide leadership and expertise for their business, patients, residents and the staff who care for them. We improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve. If you share these values, apply today!
Limitless Talent Solutions
HealthcareView all jobs at Limitless Talent Solutions