Quality Assurance Supervisor - 995553
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: QA Supervisor (Quality Assurance Supervisor)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Primary Purpose: Plans, coordinates, and directs daily quality assurance programs designed to ensure quality production of products consistent with new or established operating standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
2. Interprets quality assurance philosophy to Operations personnel.
3. Performs quality audits and reviews and monitors various quality programs such as HACCP, SSOP, pest control, metal detection, QA hold, foreign material for compliance with stated requirements.
4. Performs quality audits and review of daily paperwork to determine accuracy and completeness to ensure customer production specifications.
5. Applies Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes and communicates with Operations' team members.
6. Reviews all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
7. Maintains files to assure information is current and accurate on a timely basis.
8. Solves problems identified during quality assurance activities.
9. Keeps quality and operations management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
10. Creates raw product reports for inventory purposes.
11. Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards
12. Plays an active role on quality management teams, such as the HACCP team, within the organization.
13. Supervise, oversee, and train team members in the QA department.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Non-essential duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to achieve the primary purpose or other purposes.
1. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience in the food processing industry, processing lines and food safety required.
3. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English (Bilingual English/Spanish preferred).
4. Basic algebra.
5. Basic computer skills.
6. Valid driver's license in good standing.
7. HACCP certification preferred.
8. Knowledge of specialized equipment: grinders, scales, slicers, tumblers, dicers, kettles, injectors, ovens preferred.
Physical Demands: *
1. Regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
2. Frequently required to stand and sit.
3. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
4. Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
5. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
6. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
7. Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: *
1. Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
2. Regularly exposed to a loud work environment.
*Continuously is described as more than 70% of the work day, "regularly 40% to 70%, "frequently 15% to 40%, "occasionally less than 15%.
TechnologyView all jobs at larcons