Polymer Regulatory Scientist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Work Arrangement: Remote (Home Office) or Hybrid available in selected countries
Office Locations: Mannheim or Leverkusen or Berlin (Germany); Lyon (France); Madrid (Spain); Wageningen/Rotterdam (The Netherlands); Lisbon (Portugal); Cardiff (UK); Basel (Switzerland); Research Triangle Park (North Carolina, USA); Chadds Ford (Pennsylvania, USA); China; South Korea; Japan, Taiwan; Thailand
Group: knoell Chemicals Division
Come join a growing regulatory consulting company that is a leader in bringing regulatory and scientific expertise to our clients! We are seeking a Polymer Regulatory Scientist to join our Chemicals division.
The Polymer Regulatory Scientist will work as part of a global and expanding team to support a diverse set of clients globally in their regulatory compliance initiatives. The Polymer Regulatory Scientist will be a key member of our regulatory affairs team with opportunities to work in a variety of projects with direct contact with clients. He / she will be part of the team in developing the chemical division strategy as will be able to provide input on strategic business decisions. This position will have direct reporting line to a Group Leader within the Chemicals division.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support clients on polymer topics for various regulatory frameworks, such as U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Canada Environmental Protection Act (CEPA)) and European REACH. Activities could include scoping, dossier preparation, electronic submission, and post-submission maintenance of documentation.
- Support on polymer categorization and grouping, including determining if they meet polymer registration exemption criteria based upon international regulatory frameworks.
- Support on Polymer Life Cycle assessment and other sustainability requests (recycling, carbon footprint assessment).
- Develop regulatory alerts to advise clients on up-coming regulatory changes or new compliance requirements for polymers globally and to keep current with the changing regulatory landscape.
- Assist with understanding regulatory issues linked with polymer technologies and understanding how the composition and physical properties of a polymer will translate into regulatory requirements
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business. Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction through regular communication with clients
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with international clients and colleagues through open and interactive communication
Profile and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master Degree in polymer chemistry or BS or MS in chemistry/environmental fate/(eco)-toxicology with a broad knowledge of polymer chemistry or equivalent industrial polymer experience. PhD is a plus.
- 2 years’ experience in regulatory affairs, product stewardship or sustainability related experience in the chemical industry is preferred.
- Educational training or experience in the use of computerized predictive models for chemical fate, hazard and/or exposure assessment and/or sustainability tools (Gabi / SimaPro).
- Project management experience and/or certification (e.g., 6-sigma).
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining deliverables across numerous projects.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation skills to reach or exceed project goals and timelines.
- Excellent language skills in English required (spoken and written); additional language skills would be an asset.
knoell is one of the leading global service providers for worldwide registration and regulatory compliance. With a global network of more than 600 employees, we support clients in the registration of crop protection and crop nutrition products, chemicals, biocides, animal health products or medical devices. Over 20 years of experience and with a constant focus on understanding our clients and their needs, we deliver the best possible regulatory and scientific solutions for them. People are at the heart of our family-owned business and our values guide the way to our success. Team spirit and mutual support are very important to us. Our culture is characterized by strong international cooperation, can-do attitude, a focus on quality and growth mindset.
knoell offers competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
knoell is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, you may be asked to pass a pre-employment drug test.
knoell complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact our Recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
knoell USA LLC
AddressChadds Ford, PA
Get fresh Polymer Research Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.