Director of Rehabilitation - PT / OT
interface rehab, inc. Santa Rosa, CA
- Expired: 23 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
interface rehab, inc. (“interface” or “Company”) is looking for a driven, resourceful individual to help lead its rehabilitation department. Open to all disciplines: Physical Therapist PT, Occupational Therapist OT,. Office is located in Santa Rosa, CA
The Director of Rehab (“DOR”) coordinates the policies, objectives, initiatives, and programs for the delivery of rehabilitation therapy programs to the facility’s patients. The DOR also oversees the performance of the rehabilitation therapy staff, business planning, and budget development of the rehab department. Other responsibilities include: assuring services are provided in compliance with professional and clinical competency standards, state and federal regulatory requirements; leading and directing the work of others, and treating patients, in accordance with their practice area, when necessary. DOR’s are expected to make independent decisions
and think creatively to solve any issues that arise within the rehab department.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations
- Perform or oversee initial patient evaluations and evaluates response to treatment interventions, as applicable
- Understand and follow the regulatory statutes and rules to the practice of rehabilitation services
- Develop and manage the rehabilitation department, schedule, and workstations
- Regularly communicate with your Regional Mentor to inform them of strategic staffing needs or changes in the facility’s needs/procedures/policies
- Communicate with the referring physician and other professionals regarding patient’s treatment program.
- Provide relevant program knowledge, analytical leadership, administrative guidance and advice in the day-to-day management of therapy programs
- Supervise and mentor rehabilitation therapy programs
- Understand and work to meet and exceed patient needs
- Maintain progress notes and treatment plans on patient treatments and/or referrals; ensure all other rehab personnel also maintain progress notes and treatment plans and complete all documentation on a daily basis
- Provide in-service training related to rehabilitation services to staff and new employees
- Participate in all facility meetings, stand-ups, and PPS (future PDPM) meetings
- Oversee PPS management; or manage the current mandated CMS reimbursement system
- Coordinate D/C planning and equipment
- Participate in patient family conferences as needed
- Educate patients, family, and staff as appropriate
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with physicians, external and internal customers
- Comply with Company, facility, and all other applicable safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Enforce and ensure compliance with Company, facility, and all other applicable policies and procedures related to the rehabilitation department, provision of services, and client management
- Coordinate strategic planning for provision of therapy services
- Treat patients in accordance with license and specialty, as needed
- Remain available for weekend coverage and scheduling as required by patient care demands and business needs
- Apply professional judgment in solving difficult issues
- Communicate respectfully, openly, honestly and directly
- Promote a positive environment that facilitates innovation, creative solutions and empowerment
- Apply facility’s philosophy, principles and technology
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of each rehab room
- Demonstrate, and provide examples of, continuous personal development and improvement in each of the essential functions listed above
- Participate in all appropriate facility meetings, such as stand-ups, and PPS /PDPM management meeting
- Be a willing and active participant in taking the needed steps to ensure the success of the business model that is implemented in the facility
- Understand and work within Professional and State regulations for your discipline and the disciplines you are supporting
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Oversee, manage, and coordinate intern program, including attending on-campus interviews and annual internship events, maintaining communication with school programs, and developing work stream and experience for student interns while at the facility
- Assist with recruitment for rehabilitation department
- Assume other duties as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements
These physical and mental demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the DOR. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the DOR.
- Report to work regularly and on-time
- See projects through to completion
- Ability to bend, reach, squat, move as required by patient treatment plans
- Ability to transfer or assist in transfer of up to 100 lbs
- Ability to stand and/or work 80% of an 8-hour shift
- Visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions
- Ability to operate standard rehabilitation therapy equipment
The DOR will primarily be working in a skilled nursing facility. This is an active patient care environment. This environment has no unusual exposures but safety precautions must be taken at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform the DOR job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the DOR. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Previous Experience/Licensure:
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist, Speech-Language Pathologist, or Occupational Therapist for the State of California; or
- Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant or Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant with at least 5 years of experience and past supervisory experience
- Valid CPR certification
- Negative TB skin test within the past year OR a clear Chest X-ray within the past five years
- Ability to gather and analyze information in a timely and skillful manner
- Ability to manage time efficiently and handle multiple concurrent projects
- Resourceful, problem-solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- A customer-service focused attitude
- Ability to manage employees
- Familiarity with budgeting principles and procedures
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Able to work well in a diverse environment
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a relevant field
interface offers a competitive hourly rate and also one of the best benefits packages in the industry. There is opportunity for advancement and increased responsibilities and compensation within the role.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Director of Rehab position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
interface rehab, inc. is a patient-driven, innovative, long-term contract and full-service rehabilitation company that was established in 1995. We provide physical, speech, and occupational therapy services in various long-term
care, skilled nursing, and acute care facilities.
We are a team of individuals committed to supporting each other, encouraging team members’ professional and personal growth, and continuously learning new skills so that we can provide top quality care to our clients and their patients. Because our success depends upon the dedication of our employees, we are highly selective in choosing new members of our team.
interface rehab, inc.Why Work Here?
We invest in you and we provide unlimited CEU, coaching, and education.
The Company interface rehab, inc. is a patient-driven, innovative, long-term contract and full-service rehabilitation company that was established in 1995. We provide physical, speech, and occupational therapy services in various long-term care, skilled nursing, and acute care facilities. We are a team of individuals committed to supporting each other, encouraging team members’ professional and personal growth, and continuously learning new skills so that we can provide top quality care to our clients and their patients. Because our success depends upon the dedication of our employees, we are highly selective in choosing new members of our team.
AddressSanta Rosa, CA