Job # 20-03010
Duration: 6 Months + (Temp to Hire)
- Interacts with different customer types (employees, contractor, vendors and visitors) in a cordial and professional manner at all times.
- Understands the business environment to give priority to issues that have or could cause a disruption to production and works to resolve those issues quickly at any hour of the day to restore production activities.
- Provides 24/7 on-call support in the event an issue arises that needs Deskside Support engagement
- Provides support for So. San Francisco location for Auris Health.
- Provides complex technical support, planning, and coordination for End User touch points of the distributed computer environment, including desktop, software, and hardware installation, support and distribution, and remote access technologies.
- Performs analysis, diagnosis, installation, and resolution of complex desktop computer, operating system, application software and hardware technologies, and associated problems.
- Performs analysis, diagnosis, installation, and resolution of remote access technologies and associated problems.
- Performs analysis, diagnosis, coordination, and planning of horizontal network cable management processes including installation, moves, adds, changes, and repairs.
- Provides complex technical input to the Desktop Services team and assumes a supporting role in selecting and utilizing appropriate tools and techniques for timely service delivery.
- Works independently with little to no direct supervision in analysis, design, and implementation of desktop solutions to fulfill business unit requirements.
- Acts as a technical liaison with user groups and other IT partners for systems support and implementation. Provides an effective interface among users, vendors, IT partners, and consultants in evaluating technical issues and products.
- Responsible for partnering with the business units supported to understand the business impact of support issues.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, and implementation of desktop technology life cycle management processes including technology procurement, refresh, and disposition.
- Updates inventory additions and changes to the asset inventory database for the supported location(s).
- Responsible for receiving, order reconciliation, shipment and secure storage of equipment at supported site(s).
- Ensures that on-site asset stock is sufficient to meet client needs and organizes replenishment orders as required.
- Provides weekly scan of assets in-storage to the Asset Management team.
- Responsible for project analysis, design, coordination, and planning for all technical components of desktop related projects.
- Responsible for completing all Printer and AV Support Health Check tickets.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of NextThink and creating repair tickets based upon the NextThink reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring that everyone attempting Datacenter access has met requirements (access tickets, etc.).
- Update Datacenter Site Profile and Physical Security sites on timely and accurate basis.
- Perform tape management as directed by Backup/Restore team, including tape rotation, offsite storage delivery/retrieval and updating the Tape Management SharePoint.
- Perform "Feet On The Street” (FOTS) duties as required.
- Coordinates schedules and technical work order instructions to contracted labor for installations, moves, adds, and changes within the desktop computing environment.
- Demonstrates creativity and initiative in problem solving.
- Technical documentation of hardware/software additions or changes.
- Updates and closes all trouble tickets and service requests on a timely basis including knowledge article and labor hour input for billing and management.
Minimum skills desired:
- 2+ years of progressive experience in the desktop environment.
- 3+ years of progressive experience working in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Preferred experience working in a production environment supporting end user IT related issues.
- Flexibility to support afterhours demand with minimal advanced notice.
- Proven ability to work in a high paced, culturally diverse environment.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues and situations to non-technically versed consumers.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Windows desktop operating systems.
- Advanced ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis of PC hardware, PC operating systems, and office automation software, with expert level knowledge in at least one area of specialization.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Server Operating System and the ability to perform domain related administrative tasks.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and analysis of PC hardware, PC operating systems (WinXP, Win7, Win10) and office automation software, with expert level knowledge in at least one area of specialization.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and analysis of Microsoft Office Suite of products including versions 2007, 2010, 2016 and O365.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of LAN environments
- Intermediate knowledge of communication protocols
- Intermediate knowledge of PC-to-Mainframe access.
- Intermediate knowledge of LAN based e-mail systems (e.g., Outlook, MS Exchange)
- Creativity and advanced problem solving skills that lead to effective solutions to complex and varied problems.
- A demonstrated ability to encourage and model positive cross-team partnerships.
- Intermediate ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis of network system devices and PC network hardware and client software.
- Audio Video setup and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of printer Maintenance.
- College degree in Business or Computer Science
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)