inPowered is a San Francisco based artificial intelligence (AI) start-up that’s bootstrapped to profitability by giving Fortune 500 brands the world’s first Programmatic Content Marketing platform. Our mission is to end interruptive advertising by enabling brands to drive deep consumer engagement with their content.
Brands like Mazda, Samsung, Comcast, Lyft, Wells Fargo and many others use our platform to amplify their content across over 40 Native Advertising channels including Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and use AI to optimize for user engagement and action. With less than 50 people, we have grown 10x since our inception in 2014. Our founders Peyman Nilforoush and Pirouz Nilforoush sold their previous company NetShelter to Ziff Davis.
We are seeking a highly motivated PR and Social Media pro to develop and drive the overall communications execution for inPowered, a profitable AI based ad-tech startup. inPowered has revolutionized the Native Advertising industry in a short time with a breakthrough content amplification platform that automatically delivers engagement with content for the world’s largest brands. You will work with a team of visionary successful entrepreneurs and will be able to create, drive and own the communications efforts for this dynamic, impactful company. You will be responsible for the development of the overall communications strategy and execution through media relations, thought leadership, influencer marketing, and social media. To be successful in this position you will have demonstrated the ability to lead overall communications efforts in the past including success in media relations, message development, and social media.
- Create and drive the company’s overall communications strategy and execution working directly with CEO and Co-Founder
- Develop and maintain external relations with key industry influencers, media, analyst, trade bodies and partners
- Manage brand continuity within the organization with a clear and consistent brand image throughout all communication and channels (social media).
- In charge of crafting strategic communication for both external audience (journalists or users) and internal audiences (employees)
- Generate newsworthy opportunities to create awareness and consistent buzz about Company in tech, trade, business and consumer press outlets
- Craft outlet specific pitches as well as drive corporate wide campaigns and product launches
- Gain maximum exposure for our products and services through contacts with journalists, press launches, and social media
- Create public speaking and conference schedule and supporting presentation materials. Manage on site media relations at conferences
- Brief management team on competitor news and always be pro-active in flagging potential news opportunities
- Provide support in the overall development of the company brand strategy
- You are a dedicated, super smart, creative, passionate individual whose strategic yet roll-up-the-sleeves mentality and humble approach can easily blend into this playful, passionate work environment
- Minimum 3 years media relations or marketing experience with a mix of B2B and consumer technology experience highly preferred
- Start-up experience is required
- Experience launching B2B products
- Proven track record of strong media relationships and making an impact on a brand and/or company.
- Strategic thinker and efficient executor
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- The ability to capture concepts concisely and creatively
- Excellent at building relationships
- Ability to collaborate with others in a fast growing environment
- Experience with social media and understanding of the ever changing media ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence