IMS-Global Gear, a rapidly growing manufacturer/supplier of precision machined components, is looking for a HIGHLY energetic, highly innovative and personable Preventive Maintenance (PM) Technician to join our TEAM.
Global Gear & Machining offers a compensation packages which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401k! Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
About Global Gear & Machining
IMS Global Gear & Machining specializes in the contract manufacture of mid to high volume diesel gears, pulleys and precision machined components. IMS Global Gear & Machining is a well-known and proven choice for the design and manufacture of helical and spur gears, assemblies, for engines, pulleys, fuel pumps, auxiliary drives and shaft adapters.
Apply immediately for this challenging and exciting career opportunity within a growing company with excellent compensation and a great benefits package.
Inspects and maintains CNC, Electronic, Pneumatic mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling system, and automated lubrication system by performing the following duties in a safe matter.
Essential Job Functions:
· Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment.
· Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to mechanical assemblies.
· Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
· Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
· Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles, clutches, ball screws, etc.
· Starts machines and equipment to test operation following inspection.
· Provides written reports of inspection findings and recommendations for repair to the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler.
· Other duties assigned
Education – High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Experience/Training – 2-3 years' related experience or training.
Other Skills –
· Ability to drive a forklift and scissors lift.
· Ability to Operate Welding Equipment
· Welding Experience a plus