Frontend Engineer - Remote
imgix San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
imgix is looking for a motivated engineer to join our Frontend team in building intuitive, functional, and delightful user experiences.
The Frontend team at imgix is responsible for building and maintaining our static websites and our Angular-based single page web applications, which enable our customers to manage their accounts and images, including sign-up, onboarding, service configuration, billing, and analytics. We are looking for engineers who are not only strong technically, but who also care and think about product and how we can solve problems for our customers.
- Has experience working on large-scale, production web applications with modern frontend frameworks, such as Angular, React, or Vue.js
- Strong design sensibility and attention to detail
- Believes in the value of writing code that is clean, testable, and maintainable
- Enjoys solving problems in software interfaces and architecture
- Knows when to write new code and when to lean on existing resources instead
- Practical enough to know when to stop polishing code and ship it
About the Role:
- Build, test, and deploy our Angular-based single page web applications and static websites
- Ensure our responsive designs look fantastic across all devices and modern browsers
- Work with the product and design team to ship polished, functional features
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, both within engineering and with the rest of the company
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
We are located in downtown San Francisco, close to BART, Caltrain, and a really good sandwich place. Because of COVID, we are working remotely and will be remote-friendly going forward even after we can return to the office. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, the occasional team outing), vacation time is flexible, parental leave is available and highly encouraged, and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything they (reasonably) need to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus, and maybe even a laptop. The troposphere is the limit.
this is a remote position
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at imgix