Project Manager I
- Posted: over a month ago
Illumifin, a leading third-party insurance administration and technology provider and one of the largest insurance service providers in the North American long-term care, life, health, and annuity markets.
illumifin provides third party administration and technology services to individual and group insurers. The company blends insurance industry knowledge, technology leadership and operational execution to prepare insurers for the digital future.
illumifin is a diverse, passionate and empowered team of insurance specialists committed to the growth and success of its customers. With illumifin, there’s a brighter future
Manages highly complex software implementation, migration, and enhancement projects for illumifin products and services. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering allocated projects.
Project Managers are expected to be client facing. Clients may be internal or external to illumifin.
Project Managers will manage multiple geography projects, mid-to-high complexity projects or defined elements of a highly complex project.
We work in a global organization and as such the majority of our projects will have stakeholders from multiple geographies forming part of our project teams.
Essential functions may include, but not be limited to:
- Manage medium to high complexity, and multiple small to medium external/internal business and IT projects in accordance with illumifin project management methodology (blend of waterfall and agile), including but not limited to:
- Scope management; in/out identification, expectations setting, project and client project change requests, RAID logs, assist with solutioning proposals and project intake process.
- Team Leadership;
- coach and re-enforce illumifin Agile/Scrum practices, establishing team values and work patterns that support self-organization.
- assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity and efficiencies, at a pace that is sustainable for team growth.
- Stakeholder analysis; relationship management
- Schedule management;
- agile ceremonies, sprint planning, back log refinement, organize and conduct team demos, maintain and report, story points, removing blockers and velocity tracking/reporting, team progress.
- supporting and educating the Product Manager and Product Owner, especially with respect to backlog refinement.
- WBS creation, baseline management, maintain and report team progress using MS Project or equivalent, ETC/EAC/Variance tracking and reporting.
- standard internal and client PMO status and financial reporting.
- facilitates project or SCRUM meetings, creates, updates and distributes project/team documentation, sends regular progress and status updates, contributes to executive level dashboards, monthly/quarterly business reviews. Produced weekly or bi-weekly project status report.
- facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Cost management; actual cost tracking, forecast/re-estimate costs, ETC, EAC, and variance management, overall valuation of the project progress and execution. Project resource management and maintaining financial time tracking and reporting tool, and true-up staffing profiles.
- Change control – using project-defined change control process and best practices, document change control items that impact timeline, scope, resources or dollars including internal and external (client or vendor) events and activities.
- Risk & Quality management; tracking and resolving or mitigating RAID log items, facilitating issue / defect resolution and warranty support, and managing scope, financials and time that optimize quality.
- Business Readiness; work with product owners, sponsors, and stakeholders; implementation and rollout plan, understanding business readiness and communication/notification activities and process creation/mapping, operational turnover, release & change management support, and training plans.
- Documentation; create and maintain standard and necessary project artifacts, standards and best practices.
- DevOps and Production Support Process Adherence; Role and team adherence to DevOps and Production Support Processes that include but not limited to; incident management, release management, build management, deploy management, change management, and production support.
Typically requires 3+ years of related experience (i.e. management experience in a Customer Service or Software Development environment) with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1 years and a Master’s degree.
3years + Project Management Experience is preferred (this can be re-evaluated for exemplary candidates i.e. candidates who can demonstrate a large range of varied types of successful Project Experience with a broad knowledge across multiple project disciplines i.e. Software Deployment, Internal Stategic Projects, IT Projects, Transitions Projects etc )
Experience in health, life, or annuity insurance policy admin systems, or complex enterprise financial systems is preferred.
Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle is preferred.
A basic understanding of major Project Management methodologies i.e. Agile, Waterfall is preferred
A high level of proficiency using Atlassian products is essential (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
A mastery of creating and managing work breakdown structures regardless of the tool.
Certified Scrum master preferred.
Core Competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Leadership, Financial/Analytics, Time Management, Teamwork, Delivering on Commitments, Customer focus, High Integrity, Decision Making
Limited travel to illumifin and client offices on an as-needed basis.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at illumifin