Privacy and Security Consultant
- Posted: January 29, 2023
Our vision at 'ike is "Great People. Great Impact. Greater Good". Our goal is to provide the best services to positively impact our communities. Our companies complement each other while being leaders in their respective industries. We share the same core values of the spirit of excellence, courage, dream releasing, and humility, working toward the greater good.
We are seeking a Privacy and Security Consultant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing services related to a broad range of privacy and cybersecurity disciplines, including compliance assessments, program design, and policy development. The Privacy and Security Consultant must have a working knowledge of federal and state privacy rules and regulations, including cybersecurity and privacy frameworks.
This is a temporary position to fill some duties of the Compliance Officer role.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledge of privacy legislations, industry practice and impact to business operations.
- Ability to identify the potential impact/risk to business according to changes in regulations.
- Current working knowledge of cutting-edge privacy innovations, technologies, approaches, and techniques that can potentially be applied to `ike and the family of companies.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on industry standards when complying with privacy regulations, including HIPAA, FERPA, COPPA, and the Gramm Leach Bliley Act.
- Researches and identifies applicable legal and administrative statutes/standards relevant to business operations.
- Assists in establishing, managing, and continually improving processes for privacy and security controls at `ike and the family of companies.
- Leads and participates in meetings and presentations, including the development of agendas, leading discussions, providing status updates, identifying, and analyzing results and generating and following up on action items.
- Develops policies, procedures, and guidance to define and deploy effective and sustainable controls for managing confidential information.
- Ability to solve practical problems in situations where only limited standardization and/or specific direction exists.
- Interacts effectively with co-workers and clients at all levels to foster and maintain strong working relationships.
- 10 years' experience in privacy, security, risk management, and project management.
- 5 years' experience working with cross-functional teams, technical privacy and security controls, and operational risk tolerance.
- Experience interpreting federal, and state privacy and security regulations.
- Knowledge and experience implementing privacy principles in a complex system.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science, Cyber Security, or Information Technology (or experience equivalent).
- Juris Doctor (or experience equivalent).
- Privacy or security certifications (e.g., CISA, CIPP, CIPM, CISM).
- Experience performing privacy and/or security gap assessments.
- Experience in implementing guidelines and policies.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?