Title: System Administrator 3
Job #: 9128
Location: Portland, OR
Job Length: Multi-year opportunity with a full benefits package
This contract System Administrator 3 position is located in the Enterprise Applications Support (JSP) organization within the IT department at the Client. This System Administrator 3 position will perform business system analysis; serve as an Application Administrator for web servers, application servers; integration servers and services; and will install, configure, implement, monitor, tune and further operational support for Client’s ERP Enterprise Resource Planning Systems.
• Develop and support Client’s Enterprise business applications:
o Perform system installation, configuration, monitoring, tuning and maintaining of web servers, application servers, integration servers and services for COTS and ERP systems including Asset Suite, AssetWork, and PeopleSoft.
o Troubleshoot and resolve software/system problems as they occur. Monitor, identify and resolve issues in accordance with established timelines in order to avoid major system problems. Develop and configure system operational procedures and processes for routine maintenance and security patching.
o Implement Client Manager approved application integration with Active Directory, enterprise services and required internal and external system integrations.
o Using established process and procedures, create and maintain update-to-date System Security documents, system flow diagrams, system integration documents, O&M manual and other technical project deliverables as requested.
o Perform business system analysis for new application delivery and support of on-going systems integration such as reporting, data integrations and system interface.
o Produce technical documentation and articulate technical information with both functional and technical team members to facilitate knowledge transfer.
o Perform analysis, design, development, and testing project tasks, and analysis for resolution of maintenance issues.
o Analyze, test, and apply changes to the application environment under the prevailing change management procedures and requirements.
o Provide problem analysis to the business and follow up with documentation.
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Post-Graduate College Degree in Computer/Information Technology or a closely-related discipline is preferred.
• This is a Level 3 position: 10 years combination of education, and/or work experience in Computer/Information Technology or directly-related field is required. Each applicable college degree will count towards 2 years of experience.
• Note: Equivalent related degrees will only count once. For example A candidate with two Bachelor’s degrees in different Computer/Information Technology disciplines, will only be given credit for 2 years of experience.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• 5 years’ experience in windows server administration.
• 5 years’ experience in RedHat 7.x, Shell Scripting.
• 2 years’ experience in JBoss/wildfly or Puppet.
• 5 year’s proficiency and experience in installation, configuration, system monitoring and performance tuning on web server, application server for multi-tier business application systems in virtual environments.
• Experience working in a large production environment(4000+ users/endpoints)
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Experience with COTS ERP application systems such as Asset Suite, PeopleSoft.
• Experience with Enterprise Scheduler tools such as UC4, Control-M.
• Experience with XML, XSLT and web service integration.
• Experience with middle-tier construct and support services such as Weblogic.
• Experience with a version control system, preferably Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• Experience with all phases of Systems Development Life Cycle including maintenance.
• Experience with Groovy/Groovy Scripting.
• Knowledge of system performance and tuning.
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.