Database Support Specialist
6+ mo. Contract
Immediate opening to join a top Oregon employer’s Consumer Services Data Engineering Team in a Database Support and Maintenance/Testing role. The position will require understanding of data warehouse concepts and environments, expert in supporting and maintaining the business day to day operations using SSIS, T-SQL, Excel, MS SQL Server, and other customized tools within the team.
This role requires extensive troubleshooting and maintenance skills to find issues and solutions. The person for this role will also have testing skills to support other developers on the team and make sure the data is flowing correctly and validating data throughout the data warehouse and other systems.
The team works off a Kanban board and deploys code changes once a week.
The candidate must also have excellent documentation skills to list troubleshooting and solutions steps to efficiently apply same steps in the future.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in an operations and support role in a data driven environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience required for T-SQL Querying (Ideally with Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016).
- Minimum of 2 years of SSIS, specializing in ETL.
- Minimum of 2 years of testing in a data driven environment
- Excellent documentation skills
Technical/Functional Requirements for the position include:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in T-SQL – Able to query complex datasets and derive conclusions, including: Using all types of joins between multiple tables, aggregations
- Collaborate with other teams and analysts to validate data in various systems.
- Ability to understand Relational and Dimensional Modeling.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance skills in SSIS.
- Ability to understand complex stored procedures and dynamic t-sql.
· Strong background in testing and implement new corrections and improvements, working with the development and analytics team
· Ability to write and execute detailed test cases and T-SQL scripts that exercise all aspects of the system under test
· Collaborate with development team to invent and analyze analytics specifications to meet business goals
· Participate in code review sessions and offer suggestions and recommendations.
· Be able to document troubleshoot and solution steps.
· Knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS) a plus
- Proven ability to work with a range of personality types
- Willingness to take direction from team members and offer recommendations on process improvements areas.
- Organized and able to work and collaborate effectively with a team
- Feels comfortable asking questions and working with engineering and analyst team members.