The Shipping Clerk 1 will understand and facilitate the flow of documentation for the shipping department. The Shipping Clerk 1 will work effectively and efficiently in a warehouse environment to schedule shipping and freight operations, including developing a working knowledge of the warehouse organization and creating proper and detailed shipping documentation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assign & control shipping dock lanes/shipping board as complete and accurate per ship schedule.
- Manage back-orders and set up delivery schedule once back-order is complete.
- Accurately issue and print sales orders for daily pick/pack schedule, with proficiency and accurately record in picking and bin-to-bin transfers in ERP.
- Issue part and job labels for all customer shipments.
- Ensure order accuracy on dock prior to shipment, including proper labeling disciplines followed, shipping documentation is correct, bulk packed materials are properly boxed, taped, wrapped, packed, banded, shrink wrapped, etc. to ensure safe transportation without incurring damage.
- Properly prepare shipping documentation for all domestic and international shipments with all carriers.
- Schedule and ensure accurate and timely pickups for all outbound freight with trucking companies.
- Point of contact for customer when shipment arrives damaged. File and manage all freight claims with carriers for damage.
- Ensure proper movement of inventory in ERP, including location of storage, count, quantity, part number, etc.
- May assist in picking and pulling of daily orders with or without the use of a forklift.
- Ability to become certified for safe forklift use.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to be trained in the proper data entry and use of ERP system data.
- Ability to use basic hand tools for opening or closing crates and completing basic assembly tasks.
- Ability to read and understand written Sales orders, Purchase orders, Pick lists, etc.
- Ability to recognize and use proper camera equipment to photograph damage to packaging, products, etc.
- Positive attitude with customer focus.