Required - High School diploma or equivalency
Required 1 year work in a technical field
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Capable of learning and understanding basic skills for electrical and/or mechanical assemblies and posses excellent hand eye dexterity.
- Must have corrected vision and hearing and ability of English language speech.
- Must possess basic skills and understanding of business computations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in oral and written English language forms to provide financial information to management, relay information and conduct effective interchange with employees, customers and vendors.
The essential functions of the Machinist Apprentice consist of but are not limited to the following:
- To learn about keeping machines free and clear of chips and debris
- Learn about keeping plenty of coolant in the machines
- Learn about safety precautions in all areas of the Shop
- Be able to understand instructions from his/her supervisor
- Quality of Work
- Work is done thoroughly
- Operates within budget
- Pays attention to detail
- Work produced meets or exceeds requirements
- Work is done right the first time
- Meets or exceeds schedules
- Follows prescribed safety policies procedures
- Produces desired amount of work in within expected time limits
- Uses time efficiently and wisely
- Manages several tasks simultaneously when required.
- Maximizes use of available resources
- Establishes effective job priorities
- Establishes realistic objectives
- Maintain clean/orderly work area
- Have adequate education/technical skills to perform job duties.
- Understands pertinent procedures, policies, and practices
- Learns more about job, department, and company
- Learns quickly with minimum instruction
- Seeks, recognizes, and resolves situations needing attention
- Seeks ways to perform job in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Willingly accepts additional tasks and responsibilities
- Performs job with minimum supervision.
- Makes creative use of available resources
- Exhibits "can do" attitude
- Shows enthusiasm/interest in job/company/customers
- Strives to achieve company objectives
- Exhibits diligence and persistence in performing job duties.
- Carries out instructions fully
- Fulfills assigned job responsibilities
- Meets deadlines
- Reports to work on time
- Does not have frequent absences