As part of the Information Technology Services (ITS), the consultant will be required to troubleshoot hardware, software and networking problems; interface with customers and vendors in person or by telephone to troubleshoot and resolve problems. The consultant will provide LAN support and support for computer equipment located throughout the state (2800+ desktops, 100+ laptops, 400+ networked multi-function devices and networked printers) at multiple locations across the state.
- Craft and implement network configurations and test plans
- Troubleshoot network related issues by analyzing packet captures and log files; report on results with root cause analysis and recommended next steps
- Gathering and presenting Network Performance Metrics
- Perform platform software upgrades and failover testing
- Administration of firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, and other network equipment
- Perform audits as needed
- Work with IT skill teams in preparing network enhancements and configurations
- Identify areas of the infrastructure for optimization
- Create detailed network diagrams and procedure documents
- Troubleshooting voice and other IT issues as needed
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of the voice infrastructure
- Assist in voice-related and other projects as needed
Specific Services Required
- Desktop Services: Considerable imaging and deployment experience required. Familiarity with Free Open Ghost (FOG) a plus; but not required. GHOST 8.0 or above experience a must. Diagnoses and resolves server and software problems using a variety of diagnostic tools; uses diagnostic tools to identify hardware and/or software problems and initiates repair; rebuilds PCs and reconfigures user specific settings; installs new software releases of simple to moderate complexity; coordinates installation of and installs, modifies and maintains network components and hardware and/or software; assists in implementation of network and/or system hardware and software upgrades and/or enhancements; performs related duties as required.
- Network Services: Provides second and third level support for network connectivity, or related network issues for user community; assists with diagnoses and resolution of network problems; assists with the configuration of network components; resets and reinitializes devices when appropriate; assist in executing specific disaster recovery plans; provides user support and on the spot training to users; performs related duties as required.
Required Skills / Experience
- 2 or more years of experience in telecomm or network administration/engineering and support roles
- Associates or Bachelor's degree level in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline
- Working knowledge of network technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS/DHCP
- Working knowledge of routing and switching (Spanning Tree/OSPF/BGP/UDLD /802.1q/QoS/AAA)
- Experience with wireless LAN's, VPN, firewalls, load balancers
- Preferred Knowledge of: Virtualization Support: VMware / ESXi
- Experience with network management tools and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience with SDLC and AGILE methodologies and ITIL framework
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills are required
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a pressured environment
- Cisco Networking certification preferred
- Considerable knowledge of IT equipment and diagnostic tools
- considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis and design
- considerable knowledge of principles of information systems
- considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of capabilities of computer technology
- knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems
- knowledge of practices and issues of systems' security and disaster recovery; knowledge of computer operating systems; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable logic and analytical skills
- considerable oral and written communication skills
- considerable problem solving skills; interpersonal skills; project coordination skills
- considerable ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve data communications problems
- ability to prepare manuals, reports, documentation and other written materials
- considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems.
For more information please contact Casey Taylor at 860-674-1636 ext 240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.