The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting and expanding the Data Governance Program. Consultant will work closely with Data Governance Lead, Business Stewards, Data Architects, IT Developers, and Project Management with metadata collection and publication and applying data governance standards on projects.
- Analyze business requirements, apply Data Governance Standards and create Data Governance documentation
- Work with key business and IT stakeholders and Data Governance Lead to rationalize and define terms
- Perform Data Governance Audits to ensure the quality of project deliverables
- Work with IT to ensure audit issues are addressed
- Generate Data Governance metadata and ensure Data Dictionary data is accurate
- Assist with the planning and completion of a Metadata Management project to enhance existing metadata
- Assistance with planning and documentation
- Analysis of existing metadata and documentation of current state of metadata
- Data cleansing activities
- Assist in the development and implementation of Data Governance Tools
- Assistance with Business and Technical documentation
- SQL and/or VBA development
- Data Governance Analyst or Business Analyst
- Minimum 2 years of experience applying technical and business skills to perform data analysis, understand business requirements and translate that knowledge into descriptive, administrative, and reference metadata.
- Minimum 2 years of experience or knowledge of Data Governance, Metadata Management, Data Quality, and Data Stewardship principles, tools, and platforms
- Ability to understand complex data relationships
- Understanding of metadata, data structures and data analysis
- Experience querying databases to analyze data sets and understand data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Exposure to database query languages
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.
- BA/BS in computer science or related field or equivalent work history
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.