Our client is a major player in the data management space. To support the clients’ growth strategy, the Finance organization is undergoing a “Finance Transformation” which will enable the company to scale & support next generation products & services. In alignment with the strategy, we are looking for a Finance Consultant who will take on a lead role driving closure to a wide variety of Finance related challenges.
This consultant will be responsible for managing a diverse set of ad-hoc requests with support of the Director of Finance for operational & strategic priorities. Incumbent will support assessing new project requests and the level of impact to the Finance Transformation organization.
To thrive in this role, the resource will have breadth of experience across Finance, Accounting & Project Management experience - to pull all the right players together. The incumbent should love challenges, thrive on providing detailed analysis, be a solid critical thinker with a problem-solving, and result-oriented outlook. This role is dynamic so someone with the “breadth” of Finance experience is key to support multiple requests where priorities can change over time.
- Represent Finance and drive initial impact assessment of new programs impacting Finance Transformation. Sample requests include: projects involving: supply chain project (cost accounting, entity requirements), quote consolidation project (invoicing, bookings, and revenue recognition), back maintenance project (bookings and invoicing)
- Participate in Territory Management project and translate impact to Finance (commission and territory assignment)
- Be the Finance gatekeeper: Conduct preliminary findings on incoming requests for prioritization
- NPI: Cross functional collaboration effort with Product teams, sales & sales operations teams, and finance. Assess the impact on financial operations from a Bookings & Revenue perspective
- Analysis on a wide variety of finance topics. Sample requests include: analysis on Tax impact on consolidated invoices based on IB locations (Sales/Use Tax and VAT)
- Channels Sales Ops Report reconciliation / troubleshooting
- Conduct on-demand/ ad hoc analysis/reconciliation on data being reported (OBIEE/ Power BI/ Excel proficiency required)
- Conduct analysis and formulate process enhancements for Credit Memo volume (RMA, Credit process.
Basic Project Management:
- Coordination/Execution of formal testing for critical Finance/IT enhancement
- Coordinate/Drive: AR/ Invoicing process improvement / enhancement requests from AR to add multiple contacts on an invoice, understand feasibility, logic, impact, make recommendations, ensure right players are pulled together to bring enhancement on floor, and assess impact & fine tune if necessary.
- Process Excellence: Eg.: Develop Quarter End check-lists
As the senior consultant in a high profile, high-performance, fast-paced team, this role provides great perspective and exposure in enabling Finance Transformation.