iSphere is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer for a REMOTE Permanent Opportunity!!!
Our direct client is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer. They will need to have large scale, high-performance, and scalable data platform development experience to drive faster analytics. Develops AI platform to build, integrate, deploy, and operate enterprise AI applications and solutions. You must have prior Data Lake building experience with a thorough understanding of DevOps and its supporting services and tools. You will also have proven analytical capabilities, and data engineering experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. Must be delivery-focused, balanced and a big-picture evangelist. Candidate will be able to communicate clearly and compellingly with the stakeholders of the product.
- Collaborate with product management and customer delivery teams to ensure product requirements are clear on what customers expect and what the delivery teams should set as the right expectations with the customers.
- Partner with Data Scientists to build and improve new/existing constructs and solve data engineering problems.
- Support and follow the product architects, delivery architects, and CTO to drive and establish the architecture decisions and designs for the product.
- Communicate rigorously within the squad on goals, ongoing progress, milestones, and any issues.
- Leverage the DevOps team to ensure product can be automatically built, deployed, and tested using a CI/CD pipelines across all of the release cycles from dev to production.
- Mentor junior Data Engineers.
- Development and Functional Testing of committed to stories, tasks, and defects within a sprint cycle with high quality every time.
- Development and maintenance of automated tests and CI/CD scripts that provides high coverage of all the key positive and negative use cases that customers need to ensure no regression occurs from release to release.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer for large-scale enterprise products and applications. Experience with Big Data architectures including Spark, ELK, Hadoop, HDFS, analytical processing • Experienced with Jira / Confluence, GitHub, TravisCI, Argo CD.
- Exposure to structured or unstructured storage and distributed caching.
- Evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines.
- Experience with Machine Learning Frameworks.
- High attention to detail and proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in Modular technologies such as Microservices and Docker Containers.
- Proven ability to develop resilient code (best practice error handling) that performs and scales for large enterprise needs.
- Expertise in developing REST-based API's (json/yaml) leveraging both NoSql and Sql databases. • Knowledge of CI/CD processes, DevOps toolchains, template and/or container-based deployment models.
- Experience with multiple Cloud services, including vmWare, IBM Cloud, AWS, MS Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred.
iSphere provides our potential consultants with direct access to top area clients and decision makers frequently resulting in a quicker interview and hiring process. For our selected candidates, our recruiters provide resume and career coaching, interview preparation, knowledge of local compensation trends, and try to get to know you as a person all while providing as clear and consistent communication with you as possible.
Many of our consulting roles offer the possibility to transition to staff assignments with our client companies for those candidates that are interested and can serve as an excellent chance to try an environment out before making a long-term career commitment to an organization.
iSphere offers several choices of major medical plans as well as the opportunity to participate in 401K and profit sharing plans.
Client access, flexibility, and support for your long-term goals; get more at iSphere
Building on a foundation of individual care and commitment for over 20 years, iSphere continues to grow by setting the standard for better service to both our IT consultants and the clients we serve.
As Corporate and Government solution strategists and architects, iSphere provides innovative products, professional services, and staff to help private and public sector clients achieve their goals and transform their technology driven business models. Clients partner with us to deliver successful business-IT strategy, top technology systems and bright IT talent.
Partners to the energy and financial trading, healthcare, education, and government sectors, iSphere’s team of skilled consultants are experts at solving business and technology challenges with advanced IT solutions.
With an unflagging work ethic, a cohesive team, and a passion for innovative service and solutions, our clients know they can depend on iSphere.