AV / VTC Technical Support Specialist Government Customer Site Staff
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical,
AV / VTC Technical Support Specialist Government Customer Site Staff Augmentation
iSoft Solutions (iSoft) is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a Government Customer onsite position of AV/VTC Support Specialist. This is a staff augmentation position which reports to the Government Customer site located in Alexandria, VA on a daily basis, serving as an extension of the Customer team in the capacity of AV/VTC technical support. Recent AV/VTC lead technician and facilitation experience is critical. Experience in the Federal Government Customer sector is strongly preferred. A Government Customer Security Clearance is not required, however a clean background with the ability to be cleared for access to D.o.D. level facilities is required.
As a staff member of our Professional and Technical Services Team, you must exemplify exceptional communication, organization and leadership skills with strong experience in the integration and service of audiovisual, video conferencing and closely related technologies to support the delivery and support of turn-key solutions. Duties of your position include but are not limited to the below. Other duties may be assigned as needed to support the overall objective of the Team to meet project and service delivery customer requirements.
The Position shall be capable of performing routine and daily AV / VTC technical support and facilitation including but not limited to the below:
- Responsible for management aspects of the Government Customer video conferencing systems installed at the site to include end-user support for all scheduled unclassified VTC sessions and technical support for VTC equipment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software configurations of the VTC (Cisco / Poly), AV and Control Systems (Crestron / AMX) devices.
- Serve as the primary Point-of-Contact (POC) for all video teleconferencing related issues. Duties shall include, but not be limited to:
* Maintaining a schedule of all unit VTC sessions
* Establishing connectivity prior to the start of any VTC session to verify equipment is functional and VTC participants are on-line as requested
* Providing in-room support during VTC sessions for Flag-level VTC sessions, or as requested
* Providing troubleshooting assistance to remote sites not able to connect.
- Serve as primary POC for all the audio/visual systems and components (DVD, scanners, audio, display units, projectors, AMX/Crestron room control systems, etc.) installed in the various conference rooms. This includes assistance and troubleshooting various visual display systems, A/V components, and assisting with connectivity issues.
- Provide assistance to users by setting up necessary conference room A/V systems for briefings, presentations, and conferences.
- Be available for travel to a local off-site conference locations for Audio/Visual equipment/system configuration, setup and support.
- Assist in the training of Government Customer personnel to setup, connect, operate and provide basic troubleshooting of the VTC suite.
- Provide routine checks of audio/visual and VTC equipment. Report issues found to the Government Customer and work with the Government Customer to develop courses of action to address them.
- Provide improvements to A/V systems when deemed necessary by the Government Customer. Improvements are to include installation of additional audio, video, network and control cabling; termination of new audio, video, network and control cabling; installation and testing of new hardware; installation and testing of software/firmware upgrades; and control system program modifications in support of additional hardware or upgraded hardware.
- Update Government Customer database of equipment and Government Customer database of VTC sites/points of contact.
- Make recommendations for acquiring A/V and VTC system hardware and software and for improvements to existing A/V and VTC.
- Assist with assessing Government Customer needs/requirements when a new A/V and/or VTC installation is requested.
- Serve as the primary POC and provide AV administrative support to monitor, maintain, update, configure, and troubleshoot video conferencing endpoints connected to the Government Customer VTC network.
- Assist Customer end-users with set up and streaming of AV content for IPTV, the Customer’s video-on-demand system and PC-based video communications software – to include but not limited to Microsoft Teams. Streaming content is to include live events as well as pre-recorded events/training and television channels.
- Provide AV equipment/system configuration, setup and onsite support for conducting outdoor events held on patios, tents, etc. adjacent to Government Customer facilities.
The Position shall maintain a competent understanding of the technologies below:
- Cisco and Poly VTC hardware/software configurations traditionally utilized by D.o.D. Government customers.
- Configuration of ISDN and IP communications parameters.
- Troubleshooting of all Crestron / AMX master controller and touch panel devices traditionally utilized by D.o.D. Government customers.
- Audio/Visual equipment/system standards, components, configurations, and setup traditionally represented by D.o.D. Government systems.
Base Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year college level basic electrical/electronic study or completion of formal military basic electrical/electronic training.
- At least five years of dedicated AV / VTC experience.
- Audio DSP programming experience or training preferred.
- Crestron 101 & Toolbox Online Training
- Control system programming experience or training preferred.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, organized, reliable, with excellent work ethics.
- Detail oriented, have multi-tasking abilities and handle tight deadlines and challenging customer or job environments.
- Audiovisual/videoconferencing manufacturer experience and training, certifications a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams
- CTS or CTS-I Certification preferred.
- Physical condition to perform job duties including seeing/hearing; feeling/handling/reaching; bending/crouching/squatting/kneeling/pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying weights in excess of 70 pounds (heavy work); tolerance for prolonged walking or standing on various surfaces.
iSoft was established in response to a demand from several customers in need of turnkey technology solutions and support. The customers were dissatisfied with the quality of work and the customer service they received from other companies. Listening to her customers and seeing an opportunity to fill a niche, Lisbet envisioned a company that could not only provide leading technology solutions in the federal arena but one who could provide these solutions along with a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
iSoft Solutions continues to build strategic relationships with various government procurement personnel, customers and vendors/partners, while proudly upholding the corporate mission of providing total integration solutions along with personal service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Our continued growth has allowed for an expansion of our resources throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, across the United States and recently Internationally.
iSoft SolutionsWhy Work Here?
iSoft has incredible employees that work together as a team.
iSoft Solutions, LLC, opened in Virginia Beach, VA, in August 2005, by Lisbet Hughes, founder and President. iSoft Solutions is a locally owned and operated, SBA Certified, Woman owned small business enterprise providing total integration solutions for Voice, Video, AV and Data, from initial planning, consultation, design, programming, integration, and implementation through testing, training and maintenance support services. iSoft was established in response to a demand from several customers in need of turnkey technology solutions and support. The customers were dissatisfied with the quality of work and the customer service they received from other companies. Listening to her customers and seeing an opportunity to fill a niche, Lisbet envisioned a company that could not only provide leading technology solutions in the federal arena but one who could provide these solutions along with a high level of customer service and satisfaction. iSoft Solutions continues to build strategic relationships with various government procurement personnel, customers and vendors/partners, while proudly upholding the corporate mission of providing total integration solutions along with personal service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Our continued growth has allowed for an expansion of our resources throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, across the United States and recently Internationally.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at iSoft Solutions