About iS3 Tech Services.:
iS3 Tech Services, one of the nation’s fastest growing and well-respected systems integrators in the Southeast is seeking qualified candidates to join our team. iS3 Tech Services provides the highest quality of service and installation of access control, video surveillance and other various low voltage systems to commercial and industrial clients. At iS3, each employee is welcomed into a culture that is built around quality workmanship, continuous self-improvement and an environment that embodies team work. Since 2013 iS3 Tech Services has completed thousands of successful projects within the commercial and industrial markets such as, government, fortune 100+, power generation / transmission, data-centers, large sporting arenas, remodel and new construction projects.
iS3 Tech Services, has an immediate opening for a Level II Commercial Security Installation Technician. One or more years of experience is preferred but not required depending on position and background. You must be able to pass a background and drug screen and possibly an MVR.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Service Technician performs tasks involving the installation, repair and/or servicing of low voltage commercial and industrial cabling infrastructure in existing facilities, new construction, and remodeling projects. This includes system types such as, physical access control, IP video systems, copper and fiber networks, software-based interfaces, intrusion. This includes installation of equipment racks, cabinets and cable support systems. This position may operate a variety of hand and power tools, lifts and other types of equipment.
- Installs and wires equipment used in systems
- Perform installation, programming, configuration, testing, trouble-shooting, maintenance and inspections of card access control, IP video surveillance systems, and other various low voltage systems customer sites.
- Perform installation of all necessary cabling infrastructure and cabling support.
- Terminate and test Category copper cables to manufacturer and BICSI standards.
- Terminate and test fiber optic cable.
- Install equipment racks, cabinets, enclosures, panels, power supplies etc.
- Install Cameras and NVR systems.
- Install switches, routers, and other network devices.
- Installing and terminating composite cable to different devices and panels.
- Mount and terminate access control panel to company standards
- Trimming doors to company standards to support installation of REX motion, REX push button, card reader, door contact and standard locking hardware (e.g. door strikes, mag locks, crash bars, mortise locks, etc.)
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance on access control, IP video, and security systems
- May be required to supervise other team members.
- Communication daily with PM to include updates and documentation
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to travel as needed
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 1-year experience installing integrated security systems or low voltage electrical systems in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of AC and DC circuits, relay logic, electrical theory, electrical and life safety code.
- Experience working with the installation of IP Cameras
- Experience working with installation of access control systems.
- Familiar with reading blue prints and engineered drawings.
- Demonstrate the ability to use hand tools effectively in a construction work-site environment
- Working knowledge of computer systems and software programs including Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of the use of test equipment including multi-meter, toner/pickup, field cable tester
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with installing and/or configuring servers
Organization Alignment: Service Technicians report directly to the Service Coordinator. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing installation, diagnosing and troubleshooting security systems.
- Service Coordinator
High School Graduation or GED Completion.
Related diploma/degree in technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid driver’s license
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. but may be adjusted based on client requirements. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties and/or client scheduling demand.
Employees are expected to travel to job sites daily unless directed to the Main Office located in Norcross, GA for other activities. Job sites are determined by contracted clients. Local travel is considered any job sites located in the State of your residence. Non-Local travel is considered any job sites located outside of your State of residence. Employees may be required to travel to non-local job sites.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching, climbing and lifting of objects, and operating power tools and office equipment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the responsibilities in job descriptions must be essential to the job function. A job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.
All W2 employees get paid an hourly rate plus incentives.
We offer competitive pay, holiday, vacation and paid time off, a company vehicle and all major tools.