Power BI Data Analyst
iParametrics has a unique and rewarding opportunity to utilize your technical background to assist communities in recovering from major disasters. We are currently seeking highly skilled and experienced Data Analysts to support our FEMA Direct Housing Assistance Program. The program delivers planning, technical, and project management support services to FEMA's direct housing missions, which provides temporary housing units to individuals and households affected by a disaster. Our support services include a planning function that determines the best option to provide temporary housing solutions, logistical services to prepare the temporary housing site and to coordinate delivery of the housing units, and the implementation of the temporary housing units.
The ideal Data Analyst candidates will be proficient in Power BI, Excel, and data management, with the ability to compute, evaluate, and present analysis results to support the FEMA direct housing management team with data-related contract oversight and tracking activities. In addition, the candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to train government personnel on the spreadsheets and databases.
- Work closely with the FEMA direct housing project teams to analyze, interpret, and present data-related contract oversight and tracking activities.
- Develop and maintain complex spreadsheets, including entering and manipulating data using Excel.
- Use Power BI to compute and evaluate data, create visualizations and reports, and communicate data insights to stakeholders.
- Perform data management tasks, including uploading and downloading files between multiple systems and applications.
- Train government personnel on the use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Collaborate with other team members to identify data-related issues and propose solutions.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in data analysis and management.
- Education: High School diploma; bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data analysis.
- Experience working on FEMA direct housing or public assistance programs with knowledge of FEMA policies, procedures and data management.
- Proficient in Power BI and MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams), with the ability to create complex spreadsheets and manipulate data.
- Experience with data management tasks such as uploading and downloading files between multiple systems and applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to train government personnel on the use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Capability to work both short- and long-term assignments anywhere in the US and its territories.
- Assignments will require extensive travel as you will work on-site at a FEMA facility for the duration of the assignment.
- Depending on the assignment, you will be working 8-12 hours per day, 5-7 days per week over a one- to three-month deployment timeframe, with the possibility of one- to three-month extensions.
- Must be able to report to an assignment within 1 week of notification; ability to report to an assignment with 24-48 hours' notice is highly preferred.
- Must be willing to undergo an extensive federal background investigation with fingerprinting for a security clearance; US citizenship is a requirement for the clearance.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to maintain a valid driver's license to operate a personal or rental vehicle.
About the Company:
Founded in 2003, iParametrics is a recognized leader in emergency management, homeland security, cost estimating and data analytics for federal, state, and local clients, including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Department of Energy (DOE), the Department of Defense (DOD), and all 50 States. For the past 18 years, we have supported FEMA on federally declared disasters throughout the US and its territories. Please visit us at www.iparametrics.com for more information.
iParametrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports and respects all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
TechnologyView All iParametrics Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.