FEMA Public Assistance Disaster Specialist
- Posted: 23 days ago
Since 2005, iParametrics has been playing a vital role in the nation’s response and recovery from natural and man-made disasters through our involvement in the FEMA Public Assistance program. In preparation for the 2022 hurricane season, we are currently seeking Disaster Recovery Specialists to support our recovery efforts in FEMA's Zone 1.
We are looking for the following types of experienced professionals to support future disasters:
- Construction Manager
- Cost Estimator
- Engineer (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Coastal and Geotechnical)
- Environmental Planners and Specialists (Biologists, Geologists, etc.)
Responsibilities and Duties may include one or more of the following:
- Work hand-in-hand with the local government representatives to guide them through the FEMA Public Assistance process.
- Perform damage assessments to establish potential eligibility for FEMA funding and extent of applicable damages.
- Conduct detailed cost estimates of damages.
- Perform project validation reviews and address any inconsistencies, special considerations, and compliance issues with management.
- Make hazard mitigation determinations and recommendations to reduce or eliminate the chance of damages occurring in the future.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to management.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and minimum of 2 years of experience in your field of expertise or 5 years of experience in your field of expertise.
- Experience within the commercial and/or public industries including, but not limited to, government entities/facilities (including military), medical facilities, schools, transportation (roads and bridges), coastal entities, water/waste treatment and utilities/power.
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish objectives under a tight deadline.
- Proficient in computer usage, MS Word and Excel, and smartphone/text usage.
- Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance through an extensive government background check with fingerprints.
- Experience with FEMA Public Assistance is highly desired.
- Professional Registration or Certification such as Professional Engineer (PE), Registered Architect, Project Management Professional (PMP), etc. is preferred.
Special Position/Work Requirements
- This position may require work to be conducted onsite as well as work in excess of 40 hours per week, including weekends.
- Situational Awareness: During site assessments, conditions may be austere including prolonged exposure to excessive heat and cold, prolonged sun exposure and no electricity, heat or air conditioning. Other potential risks include air quality issues, standing water, mosquitos, snakes, debris and other potential exposures
- Physical Requirements: Site assessments may require extensive walking and standing for long periods of time; working in small spaces, tunnels and ditches; climbing ladders or stairs; walking/working on uneven surfaces; lifting up to 25 pounds
About the Company
Founded in 2003 and based in Alpharetta, Georgia, iParametrics delivers focused program management and technical consulting services in support of Homeland Security and Emergency Management programs throughout the world. Please visit us at www.iparametrics.com.
iParametrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at iParametrics LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?