Factory Automation MES / FIT Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Imperium3 New York, Inc. (iM3NY) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Factory Automation MES / FIT Engineer. This position is responsible for automation of the Li ion cell high volume manufacturing line of iM3NY at Endicott, NY.
iM3NY is a startup Lithium-Ion manufacturing company with its Headquarters and plant located at the Huron Campus in Endicott, NY, (the previous IBM Endicott site). The Director of Factory Automation Controls will work with hardware engineers and equipment suppliers to set up MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) as well as ensure seamless interaction of factory automation with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software.
• Work with engineering team to develop P&ID (process and instrumentation drawings) for all automated processes involved in the Li ion cell manufacturing plant
• Architect the database and establish the MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) including choice of vendor for software and where data collected by all instruments will be stored.
• Demonstrate experience with Rockwell Automation Factory (Allen Bradley) and RSLogix. Knowledge regarding Mitsubishi is a plus.
• Develop GUI for factory operations which shows all the different attributes about the factory’s manufacturing and infrastructure equipment along with GUI screens to demonstrate basic operational performance specifications of all process and facilities tools.
• Work with OEM’s supplying state-of-the-art Li ion cell manufacturing equipment to understand equipment capabilities; develop and modify existing control systems utilizing PLC and HMI systems.
• Generate reports on facilities operations including attributes as requested by company’s engineering and operations teams
• Integrate all ancillary facility systems (security cameras, card readers, bar code scanners etc) into company’s ERP software system
• Assist with the installation, start-up and maintenance of the facility’s manufacturing electrical equipment and control systems with an emphasis on troubleshooting PLC based control systems.
• Set up the company’s office IT managing third party desk top support/network administrator
• Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
• Design and validate clinical databases, including designing or testing logic checks.
• Process clinical data, including receipt, entry, veriﬁcation, or ﬁling of information.
• Generate data queries, based on validation checks or errors and omissions identiﬁed during data entry, to resolve identiﬁed problems.
• Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
• Develop project-speciﬁc data management plans that address areas such as coding, reporting, or transfer of data, database locks, and work ﬂow processes.
• Participate in the development of product speciﬁcations.
• Develop reports on product quality and cell grading
• Develop factory’s unitary metrics (energy per cell, other utility consumption per cell, line yields etc) to help with line scale up calculations
• Support other internal functions as needed and assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrate a broad understanding of industrial, electrical, and mechanical systems.
• Read, interpret, and update electrical, ladder logic, and process and instrumentation drawings.
• Good understanding of Li ion cell manufacturing processes including key criteria to keep in mind while scaling cell manufacturing processes from lab to high volume.
• Experience in MES software of writing code for the same
• Experience in network systems and hardware necessary to manage data pipeline from manufacturing equipment
• Deep understanding of DOE (Design of Experiments) to minimize the need to run multiple skews.
• Demonstrate strong control system skills and excellent communication skills, as the incumbent will be interfacing with Engineers, Manufacturing, Marketing, Customers and Management daily.
• Positive can-do attitude and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
• High level of confidentiality.
• Promotes a healthy work environment and acts with integrity.
• Works well in a team within the organization as well as in cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated leadership and willingness to take initiative and drive the program forward.
• Comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed. • Available to travel 5-10% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPIRENCE
• 2 – 3 Years minimum experience
• Experience in Ignition MES and/or ERP/MRP Systems a plus, but not required
We are motivated to “Power the world’s Transition to Clean Energy now and for many Lifecycles!” If you have what it takes to work for an exciting and upcoming US-based battery manufacturing company – we would love, for you to join our team!
iMperium3 New York Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?