Our client distributes grocery products to independent and chain retailers in 50 states and our own corporate-owned retail stores throughout the Midwest, in addition to fresh food processing and distribution. Through our MDV military division, we are a leading distributor of grocery products to U.S. military commissaries.
Our client is seeking a Supply Chain Logistics Architect.
- Warehouse Management System – EXE
- Transportation Management System – Blujay
- Food Distribution/Logistics background
A day in the life of the Supply Chain Logistics Architect is never the same but, in this role, you will be responsible to provide IT technical leadership in the area of warehouse management systems and transportation management systems. As a subject matter expert in warehouse management and transportation management systems, the candidate should have in-depth knowledge of business processes, issues and challenges relating to warehouse operations as well as fleet management and scheduling. The candidate should have in-depth design and configuration level knowledge and experience with one or more warehouse and transportation management systems and be able to work closely with business functions, IT Business Analysts, and IT consultants to design and build solutions to solve rapidly evolving business needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Combine functional process expertise in warehouse and transportation management with in-depth technical knowledge of warehouse and transportation management systems to consult with business on optimal approaches to solve business needs.
- Lead applications design, architecture, proof-of-concepts and sandboxing to identify technical options and solutions.
- Support effort and cost estimation work for projects.
- Accountability and ownership of logistics applications solutions design.
- Work with external consultants, systems integrators and IT professionals to design, build and deliver solutions. Ensure solutions are feasible and fit into long-term strategy with applications.
- Manage complexity of platforms through an understanding of where customization is required for fit-to-win capabilities versus maintaining systems standardization in fit-to-compete capability areas.
- Develop strategic roadmaps for logistics capabilities with a vision of how systems will evolve and grow to meet future needs of the business.
- Work in close partnership with IT Business Analysts to scope and define requirements, injecting thought leadership and out-of-the-box solutions to the business needs. As a technical expert, provide mentorship and guidance to business analysts on the art of the possible with systems solutions.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvements in the use of logistics solutions to drive business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understand and manage complexities of integration across logistics systems and with applications outside of the logistics eco-system.
- Manage infrastructure, cloud and security considerations and work closely with the security and infrastructure IT teams to specify requirements.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture in the recommendation, evaluation and selection of solutions relevant to the logistics space.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Nine years of IT experience in enterprise grade logistics systems. Demonstrated excellence in designing and implementing warehouse management solutions as well as transportation management solutions in multiple implementation cycles.
- Experience in an architect role as the lead designer for logistics solutions.
- Experience with EXE warehouse management system and transportation management systems such as Blujay is highly preferred.
- Ability to analyze problems, process complex data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication at all organizational levels.
- Strong consulting, customer service, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, managing timelines and expectations, and producing high-quality deliverables (documentation, presentations, proof-of-concepts, etc.).
- Open and willing to learn new technologies to provide solutions when required. Self-motivated, self-supervised and solution driven.
iMPact Business Group