iMPact Business Group Jackson, MI
- Expired: November 03, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan's 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of Accounting Analyst.
Accounting analysts will review work orders to ensure proper capitalization of costs. Analysts must work effectively by themselves and with fellow analysts and other colleagues. The analysts must be able to effectively reach out to other team members to obtain necessary documentation or information. The analyst will either lead or actively participate in meetings. Generally, these professionals report to the accounting lead in their department.
- Verify financial activities to ensure accurate accounting distribution according to general and FERC accounting principles.
- Review and prioritize projects for unitization.
- Align and prioritize work order unitization schedule.
- Monitor work order life cycle schedule milestones.
- Review costs for projects according to policies and procedures issued by various regulatory bodies
- Project accounting - interface with Budget Analysts, Enterprise Project Management 'EPM' - Project Controls, Engineers and Project Managers to determine final assets to be recorded or retired.
- Analyze, interpret and verify financial documents and reports; request corrections to Budget Analyst and update as necessary.
- Support the development and implementation of standardization of work order close processes, continuous improvement by automating and leveraging technology.
- ERP System knowledge
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related area
- 3+ years of experience
iMPact Business Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at iMPact Business Group