Software Architect - Lead
- Posted: over a month ago
The Software Architect provides technical support for an Air Force contract to modernize and sustain a collection of body-worn equipment providing mission-specific and common information management capabilities.
This Position is Contingent on Contract Award
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform software development and maintenance activities for the design and integration of tactical solutions.
- Perform software analysis to meet user requirements, along with the design and installation of operating systems, servers and applications.
- Develop new code and modify existing code for current software builds.
- Develop risk management and mitigation strategy. Ensuring compliance with QA standards.
- Develop and implement software system specifications, designs, integration, testing and documentation.
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Perform system requirement analyses and specifications. Conceive system designs, perform modeling and trade-off studies, and prepare recommendations and system specifications.
- Establish test plans and determine appropriate test criteria and procedures. Provide cost analysis such as purchase cost, maintenance cost, and expendables.
- Implement, utilize, adhere to, and comply with DoD-specified release management processes for integrating and testing new or reconfigured software.
- Integrate Government approved COTS software/hardware into a stable and accredited baseline.
- Design of menu systems and “scripts” written to integrate and manage the installation of the various COTS applications into the baseline.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience performing software engineering and development.
- Expertise and experience with modern application design and development methodologies
- Experience performing software component/unit test, integration and debugging
- Experience with software development in a structured environment
- Proficient use of programming languages and development tool sets (examples JAVA, , C++, Python, Android Studio)
- Experience with requirements analysis and traceability
- Software configuration and document management
- Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail, including strong organizational skills
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision-making and analytical skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Other software integration/ engineering duties as required.
- Utilized a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process that is compliant with Software Engineering Institute-Capability Maturity Model Institute (SEI-CMMI) Level-3, or an industry-recognized equivalent.
- Direct software engineering experience in the last two years on programs for the US Air Force
- Knowledge of US Air Force requirements generation, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), and enterprise change request processes
- Experience in ISO 9001:2015 processes and requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field. Experience may be substituted for formal training.
Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance required with eligibility for Top Secret. Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you would like to work for a rapidly growing Employee Stock Ownership Plan Company with competitive salary and excellent benefits, please submit your resume to the iGov website at www.igov.com and click on Careers/Opportunities, scroll to this job and submit your resume. Second preference available is to send your resume to for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more company information please refer to our website at www.igov.com.
- 401(k) Matching
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Professional Development Assistance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Holidays
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSaint Petersburg, FL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?