Senior Systems Engineer - CSfC
iGov is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to provide high-level technical support for iGov's Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) integration programs. As a technology leader, you will be working hands-on with a tight-knit engineering team developing solutions to enable computing and communications functions in tactical, man-portable, and datacenter form factors.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform advanced networking configurations.
- Develop and implement VPN system configurations.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CSfC policies and procedures.
- Provide expertise for technical aspects of systems engineering activities to include configuration management of the hardware/software configuration documentation and media necessary for the production process.
- Implement and support iGov's ISO 9000:2015 policies and procedures.
- Responsible for System Engineering, Integration and Test activity (SEIT) while meeting established budgets and schedule targets as well as resolving technical and operational problems.
- Perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, integration, and implementation of complex networking solutions.
- Provide engineering guidance in the implementation of system spec, design, integration, testing and documentation. Provide judgment and guidance in the selection, substantial adaptation and modification of equipment, standard techniques, and procedures as part of mobile and fixed tactical environments.
- Responsible for creating documentation and drawings of systems, including interface control documents (ICD) for external interfaces.
- Responsible for obsolescence management program, to be applied in such a way as to ensure backward compatibility of hardware and software components used to replace obsolete components.
- Review and analyze complex task statements, standards, specifications and other documentation to determine/document/derive functional and component level engineering and architecture.
- Requires physical attendance.
- Help identify risks and determine probability and impacts to the overall program budget and schedule.
- Evaluate and recommend new products, solutions and designs in response to requirements.
- Author, manage and maintain written technical materials.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the iGov Sales and Business Development teams
- At least 10 years of overall IT experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in designing complex Information Technology systems.
- At least 5 years Server Operating Systems and Domain Administration experience in a Windows Server 2008 or later environment
- At least 4 years virtualization experience in a VMware environment
- At least 4 years networking experience in a Cisco environment
- Astute observer with effective root cause identification and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with project management approaches, project lifecycles, and tools
- Ability to obtain US security clearance
- Excellent active listening skills
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Prior military experience and experience in deploying tactical information technology equipment in support of military is a plus.
- One or more of the following industry recognized accreditations is preferred:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Cisco CCNP, Aruba ACMP, Juniper JNCIP
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); CompTIA Security+; or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering computer science, information systems or a related discipline
If you would like to work for a rapidly growing Employee Stock Ownership Plan Company with competitive salary and excellent benefits, please submit your resume to the iGov website at www.igov.com and click on Careers/Opportunities, scroll to this job and submit your resume. Second preference available is to send your resume to for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more company information please refer to our website at www.igov.com.
- 401(k) Matching
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Professional Development Assistance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Holidays
TechnologyView All iGov Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.