Director of Business Development
- Posted: over a month ago
iBlock is a boutique consulting firm specializing in IT Governance, Modernization, Change Management, Cybersecurity, Privacy, Data Analytics, and Blockchain. We are seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking partnership with a mid level Federal Sales Specialist to join our team as Director of Business Development.
The candidate will position iBlock as a small business solutions provider and trusted advisor to the U.S. Federal Government across civilian, defense and law-enforcement organizations in DC, Virginia, and Maryland.
The Director of Business Development will be accountable for fiscal year booking targets and strategies to achieve three-year growth, and new business pursuits ranging from $12M-$30M.
It is preferred that this candidate be located at in the greater Washington D.C. metro area.
This is a full-time remote position with occasional in-person meetings as necessitated by growing business needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop pipeline, identify, assess and pursue new small business opportunities
- Develop relationships with key customers; influence customer planning
- Identify competition and evaluate relative strengths and competitive threats
- Identify emerging markets trends and lead in their evaluation and entry process
- Conduct market intelligence, planning, forecasting, tracking, and communication processes that map to our business strategy and objectives
- Develop proposal outline, compliance matrix and proposal
- Familiarity with federal government acquisition types, processes, and tools
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal
- Attend and represent the firm at industry events and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects
Pay: $90,000.00 + (2-3%) commission structure on value of contract wins. Huge upside for a specialist that thrives on winning new business.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field
- Master's degree in Business Administration or other related field preferred
- Active Secret clearance required
- U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?