iAutomation North Attleboro, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical,
iAutomation, a high technology distributor of industrial automation components, has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Manager in North Attleboro, Massachusetts. iAutomation’s product offering includes machine control, motion control, sensing and vision, safety systems, mechanical components and stages. We offer engineered systems and services to provide OEM and end user customers a complete automation solution.
As the Purchasing Manager, you will work directly for the VP, Supply Chain Management. You will be responsible for planning, purchasing, tracking, and maintaining inventory levels in the areas of distribution, engineering services, and in-house production for an Industrial Automation organization.
- Manage the purchasing department in the overall supply chain process of purchasing, inventory control, and distribution. Hire, train, coach and evaluate direct reports.
- Develop long-range goals and objectives for the purchasing and inventory management in alignment with corporate initiatives. Track performance using selected KPI’s.
- Oversee the purchase, movement, distribution and storage of materials in the business and ensure that best practices are in use.
- Responsible for proactive purchase order management to ensure that the delivery of products supports customer orders and desired inventory levels.
- Ensure compliance with established procedures and maintain effective internal control over the physical receipt and accounting of inventory. Along with the Warehouse manager, perform root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies to fix problems systemically.
- Help develop strategies and tactics for improving operation efficiencies, improving service levels and set and maintain inventory levels as well as operation cost.
- Represent company(s) in negotiating contracts and formulating polices with suppliers.
- Work closely with other department team members and Managers during new product development/redesign phase to ensure purchased product costs, quality standards and product availability fall within the established criteria of the Company/Project.
- Ensures all purchased costs are up to date, vendor quality and delivery commitments are met.
Maintain an external awareness of industry and related purchasing trends, global material shortages and new technology as it relates to the products produced.
Work directly with Sales Operations to review supplier contracts and relay necessary information to Purchasing, Quality and Production teams as needed.
- Please apply to Marna Perkins at email@example.com
- Principals ONLY - No Recruiters Please
iAutomation Supports Equal Opportunity Employment & Diversity
iAutomation is a group of automation professionals dedicated to bringing you the latest in innovative machine control solutions and services. We take the risk and guesswork out of machine automation projects. Our success is measured by your complete satisfaction – we smile when your automation project delivers a meaningful competitive advantage to you and your company. Our customers are OEM machine builders and end users along the East Coast from Maine to Florida. They have been our best references for 30 years. Give us a call. We’d love to share our automation stories with you.
10 Larsen WayNorth Attleboro, MA