Post Anesthesia Care Unit Registered Nurse - PACU RN - Part Time / Per Diem
- Posted: over a month ago
- $29 to $46 Hourly
- Per Diem
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Registered Nurse PACU RN
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Post Anesthesia Care Unit - PACU
LOCATION: Gillette, WY
JOB TYPE: Part Time / Per Diem Permanent
We are currently looking for an RN-PACU nurse to meticulously observe and treat our post-anesthesia care unit patients to ensure that they recover properly after a procedure or surgery that requires anesthesia. Our ideal candidate works with a high level of attention to ensure all patients safely transition from an anesthetized state to responsiveness.
Our post-anesthesia care unit provides care for post-operative patients recovering from anesthesia, including general, regional, and local.
As a qualified RN-PACU nurse, you will administer diligent care to outpatients via monitoring, assessment, intervention, and continuous reassessment. Additionally, it is vital to communicate with our other team of medical professionals regarding any abnormal test results, symptoms, or changes in the condition of the patient. We expect you to perform your duties while upholding the high standards of care for our PACU.
- Assess patients before surgery.
- Ensure that operative and informed consents are signed and in order.
- Frequently check PACU patients, monitoring their vital signs and other post-surgical factors.
- Initiate IVs and ensure that patients are informed about the procedure.
- Review each patients medical history, taking note of important information.
- Perform post-operative tasks, such as changing bandages and giving patients medications.
- Answer patient questions and ensure they are kept comfortable.
- Monitor patients for change in their condition and report any changes to the physician.
- Perform intervention duties in cases of postoperative emergencies.
- Provide patients and their family members or caretakers with information about home recovery, including any restrictions on diet or activity.
- As an RN-PACU nurse, you will collaborate with physicians, surgeons, anesthesiologists, technologists, and other hospital personnel as necessary to provide quality patient care.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Minimum of 1 year of recent experience as an RN in a clinical setting.
- Active RN license within the State of practice.
- Current certifications (variable depending on the facility).
- You must possess general clinical competency in acute patient care.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather pertinent medical history and provide concise instruction for pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
i4 Search Group Healthcare
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?